Body Double

"She's doing it for her sister

"She's doing it for her sister. Maybe you could learn something from her."

Between classes, the group of six usually ends up in the student lounge. Most conversation for the past few days have been about Jason Blossom; he's all anyone in town talks about—and Cheryl admitting how guilty she was.

"So, are you a suspect now?" Veronica asks Archie.

Archie went to Sheriff Keller and Principal Weatherbee, confirming Cheryl's story about the gun shot on July Fourth. It's not new information for Mickey, but she's glad he made the decision to tell the truth even though his girlfriend told him not to.

"My dad says we all are, including me," Kevin reminds them.

"Not me, girl," Veronica picks up her coffee and takes a sip.

Mickey shifts in her seat between Kevin and Betty and nods in agreement. "We don't know these people."

"Guys, should we maybe re-binge Making a Murderer on Netflix tonight?" Kevin looks around at all of his friends excitedly.

Betty reaches for candy from the center of the table. "Sorry. Can't. Gotta stay late to work on the paper."

"I'll be in the library trying to study for my math test," Mickey says.

Archie groans dramatically. "Is that tomorrow?"

"Maybe you'll get a pass because you're being investigated." It's a bad joke.

"Count me out, too," Veronica says happily. "I've got a date tonight."

"You do?" Archie's interest is peaked.

Kevin quirks a brow in interest, "Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?"

Veronica tilts her head with a smirk.

"Hey, Vee-Lo," a tall, dark, and handsome guy says from by the door of the student lounge. "I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at eight?" He puts on his jacket.

Moose and Reggie are behind him and the latter winks at Mickey.

"I'll be waiting." Veronica's flirtatious act is fully activated.

"Cool."

"Chuck Clayton?" Betty asks with a disapproving look.