The Great Escape

"What are we even doing? This isn't a relationship

"What are we even doing? This isn't a relationship."

After kicking all of the Serpents out of the bunker, only Betty, Jughead, and Mickey remain.

"So you've confirmed?" Jughead rubs his chin slowly as the story that Betty reveals rolls around in his head. "So my Dad played G&G in high school, huh? Of course! It makes so much sense."

"All of our parents did," Betty glances at Mickey. "And they swore each other to secrecy, but, while they were playing, one of them killed their principal back then, Felix Featherhead, either accidentally or on purpose, but, he had blue lips."

Mickey stops pacing to stand over the table that the two of them are sitting at. "Just like Ben and Dilton, which is why all of this," she picks up a piece of the board game for emphasis, "has to stop."

"The fact that our parents played G&G just corroborates what I've come to believe, that we have been playing this game for a lot longer than we know. And off-board. Think about it, the Hot Dog rescue, what was that, if not a quest? The Serpents, the Ghoulies, what are they? If not warring tribes, might as well call us orcs and goblins."

Betty covers her face with her hands, not even slightly pulled by Jughead's craziness.

"Okay, you're not making any sense," Mickey stops him from blabbering.

"And you're also not listening to anything that I'm saying," Betty jabs her finger into the table. "We have nine suspects that are all real, tangible leads for our investigation. One of our parents could be a murderer, so let's go investigate them."

"Wait," Mickey stops her. "You guys have been investigating this game? Together?"

"That's not the point, Mickey," Jughead says. "You're not seeing the big picture. 'Eldervair,' the realm of Gryphons and Gargoyles, is an anagram for Riverdale. The whole game is an analog for Riverdale. The game only exists in Riverdale. That's why we couldn't find it on the web."