Chapter 23: My Forte

Once the show was over, and I bowed my head at the screaming crowd, the lights on the platform dimmed. I stayed still for a long moment, leaning over, microphone still twisted around my arm, chest heaving out large breaths.

        I flipped my hair over the top of my head, damp curls pressing to the back of my neck. I gave a large wave, smiling at the fans that were going crazy. I was sure they could only see our silhouettes in the lack of light, but it didn't matter to me. Every damn second on that stage was a priviledge and I wasn't going to let the time go easily.

        I walked off stage slowly behind Porter, watching him waddle uncomfortably in tight jeans and a draping, dark gray shirt I recognized from my suitcase. I laughed lightly, shaking my head before putting both of my hands on his shoulders.  He seemed to understand what would hapen next, because he braced himsefl by coming to a stop and bending his knees. I took a small leap off the ground, arms wrapping around his neck and legs curling to his hips. He let his bass dangle from the strap on his neck, hands gripping the back of my calves tightly.

        I spat out the fake black hair that was sitting on top of his head that pressed to my lips, resting my chin on his shoudler to watch as he walked. The plastic hairs tickled the side of my neck, but I only continued to chuckle at Maverick who was to my right, and Xavier who was only a few paces ahead of Porter and me.

        We rounded the side of the stage to where Lauren was standing with an amused expression etched into her face, Zack with the same expression to her side. She took in the sight, rolling her eyes at their outfits. They definitely knew where to find my skimpiest clothes, and used that to their advantage.

        The dim lights strained my eyes, but I could still see the stage crew working behind Lauren, getting ready to send The Summer Set on in twenty minutes. Cassadee and Rian were talking quietly behind Lauren's right shoulder, leaning against the wall of the building casually, smiles on their faces while deep in conversation. It wasn't hard to see the two imposters standing a few feet down the wall, Alex's beautiful fiance giggling at her soon-to-be husband, touching the ends of his wigs.

        "Yu guys are absolutely ridiculous," she murmured incredulously, voice becoming clearer as we were feet away, even above all the noise. She was leaning her stomach against Alex's while he was holding himself up with the wall. His fingers held the side of her waist lightly; face inches from hers while whispering something with a sly grin. It caused a dark blush to creep to her cheeks before she swatted his chest lightly.

        Let the feelings of nausea commence.

        "I can't believe you guys still have this stuff on," I said, a smirk plastered on my lips.  "But, I guess it makes sense. I figured you guys would prefer to be girls anyway."

        I finally made eye contact with Jack from the small distance of Porter's back to his lean on the bricks. He was slightly disheveled, just as my guys and Alex were. The wig was sideways, the sides hanging across one of his eyes messily. My tight, blue and black, cheetah print tank-top clung to his lanky frame, exposing the bottom of his stomach because of the length. It was easy to see his collarbones, and notice the strange and surprising size of his mueslces on his arms. But, his smile was all the same, inviting and enticing to say the least. His brown eyes were excited and goofy as always, mouth opening to respond quickly.

        "We're women, thank you very much!"

        Porter's grip on my legs loosened, and I slid off of his moist back effortlessly. My black wedges tapped against the boards below me, and I ran my fingers through my hair with a smile.

        "I think we wear your clothes better than you do," Maverick said, jutting out his hip obnoxiously. I snorted softly, hand falling over my mouth in response.