Chapter 34: Not Yet

Waking the next morning brought a pounding headache and a feeling of confusion, not taking in the area where I'd woken up after managing to open my eyes. It took me a minute to peel my eyelids open and adjust them to the dim lighting, the headache making me want to sleep again, curled towards what I assumed, at first, to be the wall of my bunk. A moment later, the shape shifted before me, and I opened my eyes wider, glancing up to find my gaze on Jack's face. His eyes were still closed, tousled hair falling into his eyes and sticking up at random angles around his head. It was almost cute, in a way, how his hand was tucked under his head, resting on one of the small couch pillows.

        My eyes traveled across his face as my thoughts started racing around in my head, brain trying to piece together what I could remember from last night. Parts of my memory were blurry, credited to the seven beers I'd had, but I remember wandering onto their bus, in search of a sweatshirt, relief from the cold night air. I remembered finding Jack, not expecting to. His bare chest and my body only covered by my underwear, bra and the oversized sweatshirt I'd planned on taking from Jack, confirmed to me what I already knew.

        I bit my lip softly, momentarily unsure of what to do next. There wasn't much light coming through the bus windows, telling me I'd woken up early, probably before anyone else. I didn't know how long I'd have before someone else was up, moving around and making sure everyone was on their own busses and everything was packed up before we headed towards Anaheim. I figured I'd try to make it back to my own bunk before then.

        I shifted slowly, suddenly aware of Jack's fingers resting loosely on my side. I stopped moving and tried to turn my head, looking around the bus. My jeans were crumpled in a pile on the other end of the couch by my feet, along with my boots, and my shirt must have been somewhere by my head.

        There was nobody I could see besides us, but I was sure the rest of the guys were asleep in their bunks. I could actually hear one of them snoring softly. That meant they'd most likely seen Jack and me, although I don't remember anyone walking in while we were doing anything. Still, if anybody saw and remembered, our night wouldn't be kept secret for long.

        I sighed, trying to push myself up slowly, but Jack's hand tightening on my side, made me freeze before I'd moved an inch. I whipped my head around to look at him, finding his eyes cracked open slightly, his dark eyes filled with sleep as they looked upon my face.

        "Trying to escape already?" he spoke, voice quiet and slightly hoarse from just waking up. It sounded sexy, honestly.

        "I'm not really the type to stick around," I said softly, settling back down onto the couch before looking at him.

        "People are going to find out you were here anyway. Guarantee Alex's bit-ass mouth tells everyone later," Jack muttered, tipping his head down to press his lips along my jaw line, moving down my neck. "You know he saw us," he added, breath hot against my neck. The feeling almost gave me chills, but I shook them off, rolling my eyes, pushing at Jack's chest to break the contact of his mouth to my skin. He moved away easily, eyes finding mine.

        "I don't care if people find out," I stated, eyes raised to meet Jack's, wathcing him raise his eyebrows in curiosity.

        "Not even Stephen?"

        I huffed out a laugh at his statement, wanting to roll my eyes. Not once had I ever cared what people thought of me or what they said about me. Just because Stephen and I had something, if that was even a good word for it, didn't mean he was an exception to the rule. His opinion meant as little to me as everyone else's did.

        "It's not like I did anything wrong here. Me and him, we're not exclusive, and it's not like anything's going to come of this, anyway."

        "Oh, right, I forgot," Jack chuckled softly, "You're not the relationship type." As if he had actually needed the reminder. He knew as well as everyone else how I felt about commitment. I'd told him on more than one occasion.

        "Mmm, now how about you do me a favor, and let me go?" I questioned, keeping my voice down. "I'd like to get back to my own bus before we leave."

        Instead of releasing his hand from my hip, Jack did the exact opposite, fingers holding tighter to my waist as he tugged at my ody, moving both of us so I was below him once again. His hands were positioned on either side of my waist, holding his body just barely above mine, a small amount of muscle showing down his arm as he held himself over me.

        "Damn, you don't waste any time do you?" I laughed, feeling his mouth press against my neck again, his teeth grazing my skin lightly.

        "We don't have time to waste."

        His mouth moved up to mine before I could respond, his thin lips moving steadily against mine. On ehand moved up the length of my thigh, fingers moving lightly, creating goose bumps on my skin that I coudln't fight.

        The excitement rose in my stomach as I wrapped my calf around his own leg, my bare skin rubbing against his. I let my teeth graze his lip, the same way I had done last night, biting softly at the skin. I felt him smirk against my mouth, pulling away slightly, licking his lips as he stared at me, eyes still filled with lust.

        "Not so eager to leave now, are we, love?" he teased, kissing me again, his own teeth pulling at my lip lightly. I laughed, nails trailing across his bare chest, enjoying the feeling of the goose bumps I created, rising along his skin.

        "No, I'm still going to leave," I murmured, hands traveling up his shoulders, holding tightly to push him away, his back hitting where the back and seat of the couch cushions met. I hovered over him for a moment, staring into his dark eyes, filled with amusement and desire, matching the smirk on his lips.

        "See you later," I purred, my lips barely brushing his before I stood p, reaching for my pants. I shimmied into the tight material, zipping up his hoodie so my bra was hidden. I picked up my boots, holding them in my fingers, not bothering to put them back on. Jack's eyes never left my body as i reaced my arm over him and rabbed my t-shirt from the arm of th couch, pulling it ot me as I started to walk.

        The couch squeaked behind me, and I knew what was coming next. Jack's hand wrapped around my wrist, turning me into him. I met his lips expectantly, moving willingly as he backed up against the wall again, chest pressed against mine as his hands cupped my face, holding me against him.

        I wanted to laugh, enjoying the feeling of his mout fighting against mine.

        It was the wait that made it even better, the weeks of shameless flirting and eyes unable to be kept off each other. The wondering exactly what it would feel like to have him kissing me the way he was now, obviously wanting so much more.

        As much as I wanted it too, and we both knew it, part of me didn't want the chase to end here. The fight was part of what made this, whatever this was turning into or not turning into, interesting, and I wasn't ready to give that up. Not yet.