Chapter 32: Good Guys

"Can I have your autograph?" a shy, fifteen year old girl looked up at me with hopeful eyes while I sat behind the merch table. My smile grew instantly, flipping in excitement.

        "Of course, what's your name, beautiful?" I asked, reaching for our EP which she had tight in her dark painted nails. It was obvious she was here alone, and she was as cute as could be. Her dark hair hung in her eyes, an dher cheeks turned a shade of deep red.

        "Sarah," she said so quietly, I almost missed it over Yellowcard's set. It was dark, but I could make out the kids walking around with their friends, and I could see Kinsley selling a few shirts from the corner of her eye.

        "Are you and your friends having a good time tonight?" I tried to start conversation while thinking of what to write. I started with her name, contemplating what to put down. We got a few kids every show that wanted autogaphs, and I always put a ton of thought into what I wrote.

        "My, uh, friends don't really like this kind of music," she started, seeming embarrassed. "So, I uh - just wanted to come out anyway. You guys are my favorite band. I wouldn't have missed it."

        "That's so wonderful," I smiled at her, looking down at the CD before jotting down the best thing I could think of. "I'm flattered that you'd come out by yourself," I paused, hands turning warm. "You made my day."

        Sarah, never let your friends' opinions change the girl you are. Thank you for making my day. You're absolutely wonderful. Love always, Natalia.

        I finished my name with a heart and handed it back to her. She glanced over the words, face flushing again, and a large grin on her cheeks.

        "Thank you," she said softly, and I nodded with a smile.

        "Anything else?" I asked, hoping to make her happier. She seemed a little lost by herself, even if we only spoke for a minute.

        She asked for a picture, and Kinsley willingly held her phone to snap the photo before handing it back to her. She thanked me with a hug and wandered away back to the stage to watch the rest of the show. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face while sitting back down next to Kinsley, looking at her briefly.

        "We haven't talked in forever," I mumbled, surprised she heard at all when her head turned towards me with a small, weak smile. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a pony tail, t-shirt hanging from her frame loosely.

        "I know, and we've been living together," she said, giving me a pout. I laughed, patting the plastic chair next to me, indicating for her to take a seat. She listened, sinking into the chair and leaning back. She let out a breath, light eyes glancing over my face.

        "So, I overheard Ryan Key and Alex talking during set up today. Why didn't you tell me that Jack and Holly broke up last night?" she asked, almost sounding hurt. I rolled my eyes.

        "It didn't matter that much, I didn't think there was anything to tell."

        "You guys have been undressing each other with your eyes since this tour started, of course it matters," she laughed lightly, shaking her head.

        It was a rare occasion when I could talk to Kinsley so easily about what was happening with my relationships. Usually, I avoided the conversation, but today she seemed so willing. Maybe she put out for Xavier last night and was in a really good mood. Whatever the reason, I would take it.

        "Just because sleeping with him is now an option, doesn't mean I'm going to jump the gun," I smiled, still enticed with the thought.

        "I heard them saying she broke up with him," she said casually, and I shrugged again.

        "You probably have a better idea than I do," I lied, not wanting to bring up the conversation I overheard. It wasn't my business, even if it was about me. I wasn't going to start anything, it wasn't my intentions.

        "I guess she was whining about how he wasn't listening to her and she got pissed. She told himt o take time to himself and let her know when he figures out what he wants," she picked at her nails, crossing her legs lightly.

        "Maybe she finally realized he'll never keep his pants on," I chuckled.

        "Or maybe she realized you guys never stop staring at each other," she contradicted, looking at me. My shoulders lifted again before falling.

        "He's a challenging one," I muttered, grinning to myself.

        "Are you sure you don't feel anything for him, like at all?" She asked with a questioning look. I gave her a knowing stare, eyes narrowing on her face. "I mean, look at it. You've been more interested in him than you've been in any other guy I've ever seen. Hunter was the closest thing you've ever had to a boyfriend and you're already treating Jack similarly to how you treated Hunter two years into knowing each other. It's barely been two months."

        "Hunter was never my boyfriend, ever," I sighed before adding, "and Kinsley, please, don't go there because you know there's no way," I said with a small smile. "I'm not interested in him that way, at all. Once I get what I want, it's on to the next one. He isn't anything special, I swear to you."

        "Hmm, I'm sure," she rolled her eyes. "I'd wish you'd settle down with someone good for you, though. I think you'd be great with a relationship if you focused all your energy on one guy."

        "I can barely keep my attention on a movie for an hour, let alone a guy for more than one week at a time."

        "I know," she sighed, biting the inside of her cheek. "I just think they could offer more to you than a one night stand. There are good guys out there, you know?"

        "Eh," I shrugged, settling futher into my seat, tilting my head back and closing my eyes lightly. "I like being single, and I don't want to change it anytime soon."

        I couldn't help but remember just how hard Jack had been trying, and how much harder he was going to have to in order to keep my attention. If he happens to catch me once, it doesn't mean that I will stay, because I'd never been like that before, and one guy like him wasn't going to change that.