Chapter 18: Beautiful Love

I collapsed on the couch in the back lounge, closing my eyes lightly with a smile on my face, breathing heavily from playing the second show we had in New Jersey. I laughed incredulously, still imagining the way the crowd moved when we played our songs. I couldn't get over the fact that we were actually doing this. We'd been waiting over three years for this to happen and somehow, it finally was.

        Lauren said earlier that day we'd sold a ridiculous amount of EPs right after performing our first show.  She was surprised at just how many people wanted our music so quickly, even if some of the reason people bought CDs was because Alex promised to kiss every fan that bought one when he wandered on stage halfway through out set just to get the crowd going. I took it as a win for us anyway.

        It was after the entire show was over, and the guys were packing up the rest of their equipment that they wouldn't let me touch. There were certain poeces only they were allowed to handle, because they didn't turst a single person with their instruments. I didn't exactly complain when I was able to leave and enter the bus with open arms, ready to lie down.

        The black, leather, built-in sofa was pushed against the back of the bus and wrapped around the sides, taking up almost all the space that wasn't near the small sliding door that pushed into the wall to disappear when needed.

        The small of my back pressed against the fabric of the couch, revealing by the black v-neck that didn't quite reach the top of my dark jeans. I could feel the sweat soaking through my clothes, still warm from performing hours ago. The leather was pressing the fabric of my shirt to my skin, leaving a cold and warm sensation through my back. I ran my fingers through my damp hair, letting it fall at my scalp, other hand resting on my stomach.

        We didn't leave the show until it was over, either hanging out backstage or standing at the merch tables hoping that a fan might like our music and want a picture or autograph. It was so damn hot in those places, there was no way to escape the heat, and even after playing, there was no way to stop the moisture from trickling down our skin.

        Honestly, I didn't give a dammn. I didn't care because it didn't bother any of us. Sure, we looked awful in those photographs, but it didn't matter because those fans went out of their way to see us. We worked out butts on stage, and sat happily on the sidelines afterwards.

        I was happy.

        My reminiscing was cut short by the squeaking of white and yellow high top Nike shoes after the tour bus opened and closed. I opened my eyes, turning my face to the side. I was almost surprised it wasn't the boys, screaming and yelling about something they were talking about. It was instead a familiar face with dark brown hair that hung in his brown eyes, a smirk playing on his lips while leaning against the bunks, one hand resting on the wood to hold himself up.

        "Are you posing for me?" he questioned, wiggling his eyebrows in my direction. I rolled my eyes, noting that the way I was laying could be considered sexual. If he wanted to take it that way, I wasn't sure I minded.

        "Only for you," I winked, a sly smile falling to my lips as well. His smirk grew with my comeback. I thought it was the funniest thing that I was the only one able to play along with his comments, and he enjoyed that someone was finally going to answer to his sexual remarks.

        It was only a moment later before he was making himself at home, walking the small distance before sitting on top of my legs. I groaned softly, feeling his boney butt stab my knees playfully. I retracted my feet from under him with a small struggle before stretching them back over his lap again, finding nowhere else to put them.