Chapter 6: Kinsley

"That studio was so fucking bomb, I can't wait to go back and record," Porter smiled while waching the luggage loop around the carousel of Logan International Airport. The smell of disinfectant still lingered under my nose from the plane ride. I wasn't trying to think of it because it was grossing me out so much.

        "Did you see that soundboard? Fucking mint dude," Mav said while picking up one of our bags that rotated the circle more than once. I bumped shoulders with the older man next to me while he reached for a black suitcase inf ront of us. I hate airports.

        "It sucks that we don't get to record untilt he summer," Zave sighed, reaching for my purple suitcase that was slowly approaching. I nuzzled my face into the front of my petticoat, happy that I'd packed it for the ride back. It was freezing outside. Boston didn't get any warmer than twenty degrees in the winter, and it was only the end of February.

        "Who gives a shit, we'll be touring anyways, so I don't think we'll need to find a way to occupy our time," I was just as excited as the three of them, but I wasn't going to wish for the future. I just wanted to take things day by day right now.

        "And Alex's hot little friend will be with them the whole time," I could hear the lust in Maverick's voice while I reached for Porter's dark green suitcase. I rolled my eyes at him, shaking my head.

        "It's his fiancé, stupid. They'll be getting married soon," Xavier said, tone hard. I knew Zave never liked joking around about cheating, mostly because it's happened to him one too many times. I knew Mav, and I knew he would push his buttons about it.

        "Marriage, schmarriage," Mav smirked, cause Zave to reach towards him and punch him in the arm. He didn't seem affected by it, only continuing to grin.

        "Alex is way sexier than you anyways, you don't stand a chance," I teased while Porter reached for Xavier's black bag, grabbing the correct luggage before trudging towards the escalator to bring us to the pick-up/drop-off terminal for South West Airlines.

        "Ten bucks says I'll make out with her by the end of tour," Mav challenged while I stepped on the moving staircase following by Porter, Zave and then himself. We all glanced down at him, knowing that he was serious about that statement.

        "One, not a chance in hell she'd ever go for you," Porter put up his index finger before his middle finer shot up next to it, "And two, if you even think of doing that and you ruin our chances at this, I swar to fucking God, I'll rip your balls off."

        "Is that a threat or a promise?" Mav asked, smiling up at him, fluttering his eyelashes. I snorted, knowing that he got the hint. I'm sure he realized that if Porter was threatening him, he knows what I would bring is so much worse.

        I dragged my suitcase behind me as I got to the top, seeing the automatic doors open when I stepped on the mat in front of it. A brisk early evening breeze hit my face, freezing my nose instantly.

        "Fuck the weather,"I grumbled, glancing around the many cars that were waiting for their lived ones to apear out these very doors. I sighed, squinting against the headlights of the mini-vans and SUV's, unable to find our ride.

        "NATALIA!" I heard the familiar voice echoing through the overhang. I looked to my left, smiling when I saw my best friend standing against her dad's old van, waving to us while shivering. I moved quickly towards her, old sneakers shuffling against the gound while she beamed in our direction.

        "KINSLEY!" I yelped happily, jumping into her arms when the distance closed. My bag slapped against the pavement as I let it go, legs wrapping around her middle. She laughed lightly, long frame hlding me up with ease. Her blonde hair tickled my ear while I clung to her.

        "You'd think they were lesbians," Maverick sighed from feet away when she managed to pry me off her torso. I turned towards him, noticing the cloud of smoke that let the side of his mouth, cigarette dangling from his lips. I scrunched my nose, flipping him off.

        "It's better than hugging a disgusting, nasty ashtray," I snapped, always frustated that he smoked. I knew it wasn't as often as most people, because if it were any worse, Zave, Porter and I told him he was out of the band. He still sneaks away a few times during the day to sneak away and light up. It pisses me off to no end.

        "Oh, that really hurt," he held his heart, mumbling with the stick in his mouth. Kinsley sihed, opening the back of the van. Zave grinned at her when he passed, hands brushing hers as he set his things in the back.

        I knew that they had their little flirting thing, and I knew that they had slept together before, but it was way too much information for me to handle. My brother and my sister were hooking up with each other continuously, and that just gave me the creeps. How do they even stand each other for that long, anyways?

        "No touching! That's too fucking weird!" I complained, shivering at the thought. Kinsley blushed with a small laugh, shaking her head before moving around the van and getting into the driver's seat. I set my things down, hopping into my permanent seat in shot-gun, settling into the SUV that was still running and producing heat.

        It wasn't long until we were all in the car and heading home. We didn't live that far off from Logan, we lived right outside of Boston, actually, in Chelsea, Massachusetts. Most of our time was spent in the city, but that was still home to us.

        "So, I got all of the shirts in today, and they're almost packed," Kinsley said while pulling out of the commotion. I smiled at her from the corner of my eye, hearing the approval from the guys. "The EPs are being shipped, but should be here by Wednesday.

        "We can always count on you, merch girl," Porter said with a chuckle. Kinsley's bright eyes shot into her rearview mirror, glaring at him.

        "Don't call me that, I sound like your damn servant."

        "I think you make it out pretty damn good," Zave said, running his fingers through his hair next to Porter. "You get to hang out for eight straight weeks and sell some shirts and CDs, and you're getting paid."

        "Not very much, if you remember," she teased, eyes landing on him in the basement. I shuddered again, their strange open affection for each other was enough to make me vomit. I focused on the window, fog appearing on the glass as I let out my breath.

        It wasn't even like they were doing it just to have sex. They were doing it beause they liked each other. Sure, neither of them would actually get the balls to ask the other one out, but I never understood the point. I'd never been attracted to someone else unless it was physical, and I wasn't sure if I even wanted it to happen.