Divorce Manual

De wth_kc

Having lived as a small citizen of the Republic of Korea, I was somehow reborn as a supporting character in a... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127

Chapter 14

4.6K 205 20
De wth_kc

Erst is the maiden name of the former Duchess of Diago.

Princess Regina Erst, the current emperor's sister and former Duchess of Diago, she then became Madame Erst, not mother or duchess.

Just like that, Charles, the current Duke of Diago, makes a direct statement that there's no more connection between him and his mother.

This is equivalent to the sky is falling down for Catherine.

No matter how many times the former duchess comes and goes, this is the first time that Charles has mentioned and corrected the title himself.

"No, I might have to call her princess again. I'll have to ask again about the title," says Charles, turning his head toward me. "Wife."

"Yes, your grace?"

"Though I somewhat understand the situation, what exactly is the problem?"

Charles's curiosity blocks Catherine's retreat because she thought that she could away with by just mentioning the former duchess.

"Hmm, I don't know."

I then look at Catherine after making an evasive remark.

She seems to not fully grasped the situation since she still looks at me with a frustrated expression.

No, what sin am I guilty of? I don't understand why you look at me like you're killing me.

I'm getting pissed off.

The thought fills my head. I swallow most of the words I want to say. My lips thin in frustration but I can't very well scream like a mad woman with this beautiful appearance, now can I?

"There's nothing wrong with listening to someone's explanation. No one has done anything wrong."

I stare at Charles with a modest smile, gracefully restraining my speech as much as possible. "If I had just walked away quietly, there wouldn't have been such a fuss."

"..."

"I have ordered Curtis to watch out for Wicking Wardrobe. When I heard the story, it seems that Curtis have spoken to them. And Catherine—"

I then look over to Catherine, whose brown eyes are still furious. "She was just acting on her master's orders."

"..."

"That's why nobody did anything wrong. Each person is loyal to their own master." I then shrug my shoulders. "If I really have to say what is wrong."

"Your words of 'if I have to say' make me nervous." He then bursts into laughter, recalling that I said something similar a few days ago during meal time.

"Is that so?"

The previous, icy atmosphere becomes calmer.

I then look at Curtis, and says in a soft voice. "It's Curtis' fault."

"Yes, that's right."

At my words, Curtis lowers his head without saying anything else to Charles.

"I should have checked things out to the last minute. It was my mistake that I didn't do the final confirmation."

"I see."

Catherine stands on the side like she's invisible since Charles, Curtis and I are too busy conversing to notice her face flushing with anger.

This is a blow to Catherine. In the space with Rose, her two advisors and the maids of Lapel Castle, she stands there without any presence at all. The news of Charles calling his mother Madame Erst will spread, especially among the maids.

Oh my God, I heard that the duke defended the duchess in front of Catherine. Isn't that a big deal?

It's obvious what that will lead to.

This day won't end for her, and I'm grateful to Catherine since it'll be hell for her.

At this point, let's wrap this up with the finishing touches.

"So Catherine isn't at fault..."

"That doesn't mean we can let it go."

Oh my God, we're perfectly in-sync today.

"..."

"You must have been looking forward to it."

Hmm?

The closeness and tenderness coming from him suddenly create a strange, and uncomfortable feeling in me.

No matter how many dresses Abella has, I can't admit that they're pretty. As if to prove my point, Ledin and Edgar, who were looking at me, avoid my eyes.

They're being unusual today.

I smile awkwardly, trying to decipher their expressions.

"I was looking—"

"Didn't you say you look forward to today after throwing all those clothes away?"

What did he say about me throwing clothes away? Did he say all of it was thrown out?

However, I stay quiet and wait for him to continue.

"You must have been upset."

He smiles languidly and turns his head toward Curtis without waiting for my response.

"Curtis."

"It'll be a day or two late..."

"So it's not happening, right?"

"No, sir."

"You will take a month of salary cut as payment for ruining the duchess's day."

Though I'm stunned by Charles' swift resolve, it shouldn't be that much. I shake my head, saying "Your grace."

"Yes, your excellency." Curtis silently accepts the punishment.

Next is Catherine.

"Catherine will quit her post as the head maid on the charge of deceiving the duchess. "

"My—my lord—" Catherine shouts with her jaw dropped.

"I delegate all her duties and disposition of her work to the duchess."

A drastic punishment was handed down.

Wow—he looks...cool?

I glance over at Charles, who made the decision that I couldn't, and feel moved by it.

"Do whatever you want in the future. I'll also give you whatever you want."

"..."

After he sees my face, he comes closer and maintains a neutral expression. Then he awkwardly embraces my waist, as if to show an act of kindness. "Should I ask the Wicking Wardrobe to come in now?"

Did he eat something bad?

I don't know why the hell you're doing this.

Honestly, when he spent the night with Abella, he didn't even touch her.

Why is he like this all of a sudden?

Why are you doing this to me?'

Was the word divorce so shocking? Or did you feel sorry for my complaints about solitary nights?

Whoa—whatever it is, you're not going to suddenly share a bedroom with me right?

At that moment, a scene comes into my mind, and I shiver with unknown anticipation.

No, that's absolutely not possible.

The current closeness between us is already enough.

If I look at Medusa's body in this state, I really, really will...

You're going to become a stone.

I can't do that.

Once again, the second act of life I've gained is too precious.

Let's get it together.

I clench my fist and shake my thoughts.

"Abella."

"Yes, your grace?"

He puts his hand under my chin and gently lifts my face up. I can feel emotions rising in the pit of my stomach.

A slight touch and lift move.

In every romance novel, only eye contact between the main characters with beautiful appearances can pull it off.

Please save me.

I don't think that I can breathe. Instead, my breathing becomes shorter, and more erratic.

He smiles prettily as the wrinkles appear around his eyes.

All my blood has rushed to the top of my head. I think I'm going to have a nosebleed.

More than half of these reactions are not my own, but rather the body responding to him naturally.

My heart feels like it's going crazy, like it's running a 100-meter sprint.

"Wife."

"Yes... yes.?"

I then look up at him.

"Your face is red." He then sweeps the side of my cheeks with the back of his hand.

Wow—you really want to kill me.

"Is that so?"

My face burns from the amount of pounding my heart is doing, so I take a step back to pull myself away from him.

"Hmm."

Then he leans his head slightly and wraps his arms tighter around my waist. He put his lips close to my ears and blow hot air against them— "The face that you're currently making... you're really—"

"..."

He asks again, teasingly. "Are you going to divorce me?"

"Yes."

I nod, not leaving any room for misunderstanding.

"Of course."

Once again, his demeanor changes.

"My biggest goal right now is to divorce."

With those words, I built an iron wall around my heart.

Of course, the words and my expression are not in sync with each other at all.

.

.

.

.

Note: I love my dumb son.

Charles giving Abella power, money and flirty moves: "Are we still divorcing?"

Abella: yeah fool (but I'll take the money and power though)

Charles:

Me, watching them arguing and being attracted to each other:

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

57 0 7
A princess. A chosen one. A marriage to the cruel king of the enemy kingdom. If this were a fairytale, it could be the premise of a perfect love stor...
27.3K 1.1K 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
14.2K 1.4K 36
It took me fairly quick to realize that I, Watanabe Yasu, is in a shoujo manga. My childhood friend, Suzuki Momo, is the heroine. And I'm playing th...
30.8K 1K 44
I stand there glaring at my husband. My Prince. His brown irises swirl, deeply glaring back at my own. "I suggest you listen to me, my princess. I s...