Fighting Fate

By d-hamilton

Harry Styles and Hailey Hayes are known for their on again, off again relationship. Whilst it might be seen a... More

1. Wear Another Colour
2. Date
3. Set up
4. Drunk
5. A Mistake?
6. A Mess
7. Niall Turns 21
8. Park
9. Mother Dearest
10. Positive
11. Declined
12. Phone Call
13. Back In LA
14. Deal
15. The Truth
16. Accident
17. Remembering Beth
18. Brick Wall
19. Kicking Baby
20. Appetite
21. Baywatch
22. Awake
23. Mobility
24. Deep Conversations
25. Chaos
26. Remember Us This Way
27. Paternity Test
28. Kicking
29. Twenty One
30. Park
31. Coming Home
32. On The Road Again
33. Gender Reveal
34. Writing Together
35. Baby nursery
36. If I Could Fly
37. London
38. Good Years
39. Dry Shampoo
40. Airport
41. Hotdogs and Donuts
42. Sisters
43. Heartbeat
44. Confined To His Hotel
45. Wake Me Up
46. Let Them See
47. Birth Videos
48. This Is It
49. The Final Show
50. It's Impossible To Fight Fate
51. Go Fish
52. Stefan or Damon?
53. Back Home
54. Things Get Snarky
55. Did I Mean Nothing To You?
56. Hiatus
57. Another Surprise
58. Don't Mess With A Pregnant Woman
60. I'm Sorry
61. Explain
62. Flat Packs
63. Vanilla Latte
64. Prick
65. Mosquitos
66. Dream Home
67. Not Attracted To Me
68. Standing Up
69. A Day Early
70. Christening The House
71. Canyon Moon
72. Contractions
73. Look up the hallway
74. Earth Side
75. Welcome Home
76. You Are My Sunshine
77. Deep & Meaningful
78. Forever
Book 3

59. Maternity Shoot

2.5K 72 15
By d-hamilton

Rachel's left elbow drops and her breaths become short and desperate. "Rach, you're getting tired. Put the curling wand down and I'll finish the rest."

Ignoring my request, she picks up another section of my hair and parts it with her fingers before wrapping the thick strands around the black curling wand.

"Rachel, I can finish doing-"

"And so can I." She snaps at me. "I did your hair for Aunty Penny's wedding, Grandpa's funeral, your primary graduation and your high school graduation. I've always done this for you until you went all Hollywood on me and got your own professional hair and makeup artists."

I smile at my sister in the reflection of the mirror. This morning I expected to wake up and head straight to Anne's hotel to wait with her until Harry landed in Sydney. But instead I woke up to Anne, Harry and Rachel sitting on the couch in the living room. It was a lovely surprise. One so lovely, my mum couldn't get out of the house quick enough, claiming she had a Sunday brunch with the girls. She hasn't gone to a Sunday brunch with the girls in two years. Once again, we have barely spoken the past few days. Ever since our disagreement over her jealousy of Anne's & my relationship.

The reason why my sister joined Anne and Harry this morning was because her and Aaron picked up Harry from the airport and Anne from her hotel. She brought them here because today we are doing a maternity shoot in the back garden. Aaron left to visit his parents with Tori and Tyde joining him today.

"I really appreciate you doing this for me."

"Hailey, this is nothing compared to what you've done for me. You kept my family together when I couldn't. I will be forever grateful for that. Not only did you take care of my kids, but you were my fiancé's backbone. Although I was a complete bitch to you for a while there, just know that I fucking love you baby sis."

I laugh at her. "I love you too. I was so pissed off at you. Like I was actually fuming."

"I would be pissed at you too if you accused me of being in love with Harry."

An ill feeling rises in my chest and it's not from the nerves thinking about how I'm going to be standing naked on a farm in an hour. It's because of how completely weird it would be, imagining my sister with Harry. First of all, there's eight years between them. Second of all, no. That's just wrong. I don't want to imagine my man with anybody, especially my sister.

There's a swift knock on the door before it opens halfway and Harry pops his head through the crack. "How's the model going?"

Rachel ushers him out of the room with her free hand. "Get out. You can't see her yet."

The smile on Harry's face falls. "What do you mean? We're not getting married yet. I'm not going to get bad luck seeing her."

Rachel turns to look at him. "Did you say yet?"

Harry cocks an eyebrow and gives her an amused look. "You seem shocked that I intend to marry your sister?"

"Well good. As you should intend to marry her. But don't you dare get married before me. I've been engaged for three years. I will be the first to get married."

I laugh at her. "Better hurry up and set a date then."

"Aaron and I were talking about that."

"You've set a date?" I ask in shock, abruptly turning around to stare at my sister face on.

Rachel let's out a gasp and pushes me back around. "Be careful you moron, you almost made me burn myself."

"Sorry." I slump backwards into the chair and place my hands on my stomach. I'm waiting for Rachel to tell me off for not sitting up straight and making it harder for her to do my hair. This position is comfortable though.

"We want to get married in June of next year."

"Are you planning on going to Europe to get married?"

She frowns. "No, why?"

"Why would you want to have a wedding in winter? An Australian winter, particularly the month of June means lots of rain, sister."

"It is my goal by June to walk again. My physio sessions are going well and I am determined to be on my two feet again by then. I want to be able to walk down the isle with my father by my side. Not him wheeling me down the isle. As gorgeous as these wheels will look with white ribbons on them, I would rather not see the sight of this thing on my wedding day."

I smile at her and a tear slips down my eye.

"Oh my fuck, Hailey. You're not allowed to be hormonal and emotional when I've just done your makeup."

We share a laugh.

"I'm just so proud of you. And it be June of next year."

"Geez, thanks for having faith in me."

"It'll be a June 2015 wedding."

Her eyebrows raise so high, I can see three lines forming in her forehead. Considering she had Botox a year ago, it's definitely gone now. There's full movement in that forehead.

"What?"

"You're a Hayes. Our persistence and determination is like no other. You'll be walking before next year Rachel. I just know it."

She lets out a sigh. "I don't know Hailey..."

A loud ringtone breaks our sentimental moment and Harry almost falls through the doorway because it startled him as well.

"That's me. I'll leave you two to it. You look beautiful baby." Harry says before pulling out his phone and closing the door behind him.

Twenty minutes later, Rachel finishes my hair. She brushes the curls with her fingertips to create a more natural wave. With a final few touches of concealer, she sets my makeup with more powder and I stare at myself in the mirror.

My hair ends just below my shoulders in a subtle curl. My blue eyes are surrounded by thin black liner and completed with a bronzed eyelid. The apples of my cheeks are lightly touched with pink blush. Rachel did a great job on the highlight too. The sun is out today and once that hits my face, the highlight will pop in the pictures.

"I'm not going to cry because I don't want to ruin my makeup but thank you so much Rachel. I love you." I stand up from my chair and bend down to hug her.

"Careful, your boob almost slipped out."

I glance down at my chest while laughing and fix up my white silk robe. This silky robe has a tendency of slipping down.

"You look stunning."

"It's so nice to feel beautiful again. I haven't felt this beautiful in months. I almost forgot what makeup was."

Rachel smiles at me. "Shall we go show your man?"

When I walk out of the bathroom, I see Harry resting his head on his mums shoulder while they watch a midday movie. It is such a beautiful sight. It reminds me of the Story Of My Life music video. My favourite video that One Direction has done, probably because of the sentimental meaning.

When they notice my presence, Harry and Anne both turn to look at me. Harry's jaw drops and he sits up from leaning on Anne. He doesn't say a word and my eyes drift over to Anne who is smiling at me.

"You look absolutely gorgeous Hailey. I could cry. You're beautiful."

"Thanks Anne. Please don't cry because you know I won't be able to stop myself."

We share a laugh as Harry stands up from the lounge and walks over to me. He places his hands on my shoulders and analyses my face. He gently touches my hair.

"Wow." He lets out a quiet laugh of disbelief. "I am a lucky man. Wow." He moves his hands up and down, comfortingly rubbing my arms. "You are breathtaking. I actually am at a loss for words. I cannot describe how incredible you look. So beautiful my love."

I smile up at him. "I'm the lucky one." I stand on my toes and lightly kiss his lips.

"Hey, don't ruin my good work." Rachel says, wheeling herself out of the bathroom. "Sorry, it took a moment to reach the switch to pull out the plug of the curling wand. Shit I forgot, I should have helped her.

"Oh you." Harry takes long strides towards my sister. He bends down and kisses her cheek. "You did a great job. I mean, she was beautiful to begin with but you amplified her beauty."

"Thank you." Rachel places her hand on his arm. "Now can you remember the way to my place? You're driving mate."

Harry nods. "I do." He then looks to me. "Am I allowed to drive your car?"

I grab my keys from the kitchen table and throw them at him. "Nice catch Styles."

*

Once we arrive at the farm, Rachel hits the buzzer for the electric gate and it opens, allowing Harry to drive my car through the paddock. Rachel and Aaron live on 14 acres of land which includes a beautiful garden which is where we will be taking the photos today.

When we reach the middle of the wide, open area, Harry turns off the car. He helps me out first and then he carries Rachel out of the car while Anne sets up her wheelchair.

I place my hands on the handles of her chair because it'll be too hard for her to wheel herself through the long parts of the grass.

"Allow me." Harry says to me and places his hands on top of mine which are on the handles. I remove my hands and let him wheel my sister. Rachel is flicking through the settings of her camera.

"Man, it's been ages since I used this thing. Tyde was a newborn in the last pictures I took."

"Here, let me carry the ends of this brisk trip dress so it doesn't get ruined." Anne bends down and picks up the bottom of my white dress which was dragging on the ground.

"I feel like you're my maid of honour."

She laughs at me. "I was just thinking the same thing."

The first dress that I am wearing is long and white but it isn't what I envisioned my wedding dress to look like. It is made of lace and has flowers etched into the design. It has a deep V-Cut which complements my breasts perfectly. I never had boobs before pregnancy, so when I seen the deep cut in this dress I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to flaunt my new assets. I've been waiting twenty one years to grow a pair of boobs.

The loose lace falls over my shoulders and the sleeves end halfway down my arm. The fabric flows so when I put my arms upwards or outwards, the material cascades down so elegantly. The mid length of the dress hugs my stomach so snugly, before floating back outwards and down to the floor. There is a small trail behind me which is safely in Anne's hands right now.

It took longer than I thought to find the perfect spot in the garden. Considering we are standing in an open field, it isn't that simple. We had to find which spot and direction the sun hit the best.

"We need the other ring light." Rachel says while looking at us through the camera lens. She captures another 'test' photo. "Yep, another light."

"I'll go get it." Anne says as she fixes the end of my dress once more. I look down and see it sprawled out on the floor around my bare feet.

The weather is incredible today. The sun is beaming and there's not a cloud in sight. It's a warm 26°C and I'm thankful that there's no breeze because then I'd have goosebumps in all of the pictures. I place my right hand on the side of my head and my left hand on my stomach.

"I've got you." Harry says to me as he places his arms around me and on both sides of my stomach. I move my hand which was on my stomach and instead grasp Harry's arm. I bend my left knee and point my toe before leaning back into Harry. I'll be able to stand still in this position for longer now that I am putting some of my weight on him.

Anne joins us with the second ring light. "Right, this should do it." She sets it down to the right of where Harry and I are standing. The natural sun is blessing us with perfect lighting. The two ring lights are mostly for Rachel to feel like a professional photographer.

Rachel places her hand on the right wheel of her wheelchair and twists to a right hand angle. She picks up her camera from her lap and holds it up to her face. She snaps three photos.

"Wait, I don't think my hair is right." I flick my hair which whips Harry who was leaning down towards me. "Shit, sorry." I turn to look at him and see him blinking repeatedly with a small smile playing on his lips. I comb my hands through my hair before setting it over my shoulders and turn to look at the camera.

Harry leans back down and places his chin in between the crevice of my collar bone and shoulder. I feel his chin vibrate against my skin. "Hmm, you smell good."

"Harry, head up." Rachel instructs and his warm chin loses contact with my body. "Higher ... lower ... yep there ... now chin up ... yes, perfect." Rachel snaps some more pictures.

"Oh those are beautiful."

I start laughing when Harry purposely moves closer to me so that one of his curls is tickling my cheek. He is wearing his hair out and when he leans forwards his hair falls over his shoulders.

"Your hair is going to look just as long as mine in these pictures."

"My curls are better."

I don't need to look at him to know that he has a smug grin on his face. There's a small ache in my calf and the muscle cramps from pointing my toe and standing in this position.

"Hold on, let me rest my leg for a minute."

After resting my leg, we get back into it and I stand back in position. I used to be able to hold positions for long periods of time when I was shooting, but now my body gets exhausted much quicker. I feel so unfit and like a large hippopotamus standing around.

Harry places his hand back on my stomach. He pokes the spot just below my belly button. "Come play with me." He says to our daughter before poking my stomach again. He presses his hand firmly against my stomach before swiping it across my lower abdomen. "I know you're awake. You always try to kick me away from your mother when I try to get close to her."

"I can feel her foot here." I press the top left of my stomach a couple of times. When there is no response, I press it again.

"Wait, I felt that." Harry pokes my stomach again.

"That was my tummy rumbling." I say to him while laughing and turn my head slightly so that I can see his reaction to what I just said. Harry starts laughing and presses his face against the side of my head while I am still laughing along with him.

There are four flashes which means that Rachel captured that perfect moment of us sharing a laugh while both of our hands are on my stomach.

"Oh that is just beautiful." Anne says and when I look at her, she has her hands clasped together and holding them against her chest with her eyes looking at us in awe and her lips pouting. She looks so proud.

"That shot is my favourite so far . Want to look at it?" Rachel asks Anne as she holds the camera out to her.

"I want to see too." I say and walk over to where they both are. I grab onto Harry's hand and pull him along with me. We look at the pictures that Rachel has captured so far.

"Look at that. The way you are looking at each other." Rachel flicks through the pictures where Harry and I were laughing at my stomach rumbling. She then quickly flicks through the rest of them.

"I love them all. There's soo many good ones to choose from."

"That one is my personal favourite." Harry points to the camera screen. Rachel presses a button to zoom in on my face. I am mid-speech and my eyes are half closed. I look dreadful.

"Dickhead." I say to him before standing up from where I was leaning on Rachel's chair and walking back over to where I was standing. Harry bends down and picks up my dress. Anne sets it back out on the floor.

"Where do you want me?" Harry asks, awaiting Rachel's instructions.

"Let's try something different. Kneel down in front of her and place your hands on her stomach."

"Come on Rach, that'll look like a proposal."

"Just trust me on this."

Harry looks up into my eyes before slowly crouching down into one knee. He wobbles slightly before quickly regathering his balance. Then he places both of his hands on my stomach while still looking up at me.

"Hailey, put your hands in your hair and look down at him."

"Do I smile?"

"No, don't smile." She says. "Wait yes, smile. You look pissed off otherwise." The perks of having a resting angry face.

After shooting for what felt like two hours, we finished up shooting naked maternity photos in front of the tall hedges in the north end of the garden. All I can say is, thank goodness they have no neighbours around here. Harry helps me back into my dress while Anne carries the ring lights back to the car. Rachel is looking down at the camera at the last photos we took. Harry zips up the back of my dress which is the second dress I wore. This has no sleeves, just thin straps and it ends just above my ankles.

Harry walks around to my front and pulls me into him. His hands are placed firmly on my hips.

"As ravishing as this dress is, I can't wait to take it back off you." Harry kisses me and slips his hand down lower to squeeze my butt.

"Keep it in your pants, Styles. We have to drop your mum back at her hotel before heading home, remember?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 483 49
(BOOK ONE) (Complete but Editing) A chance meeting between southern beauty Maddie Grey and the famous four boys of One Direction. Maddie and Harry be...
14.5K 276 31
•BOOK 2 OF HAILEY SERIES• Harry and Bailey were the best of friends whom turned into lovers. They were deeply in love with each other and everything...
904 24 24
What happens when a stalker ex boyfriend comes back into Hailey O'Connel's life? He wants her back, that's for sure. But what extents will he go to g...
10.6K 191 23
Running a successful international gang is hard but even harder when you're only just turning 18 and running it with your best friend from childhood...