Helpless • Tewkesbury

requested by @roomwhereithappens__
( i hope this is ok )

based off 'Helpless' from Hamilton
———

Your POV

I stand in the corner of the room, watching as all the guests enter for the party being thrown. I hold the wine in my hand as I watch Enola dance around the room, her bubbly personality attracting the eyes of many.  I smile as she looks back to me and laugh as she trips over her own feet.

Movement by the door catches my attention, and my eyes travel to a lad in a white suit, brown hair upon his head.

I'm intrigued to say the least, who is this mysterious handsome stranger attending the ball?

I see his talk to people, his smile making my lips turn up as well. I glance at Enola and she dances her way to me. "Who are you looking at?" She asks, nudging me playfully.

I look back to the young lord and she follows my gaze. "Ah yes, Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether. Heard about him." She mumbles. "You fancy him?" She asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. I haven't even spoken to the guy."

Enola gets that mischievous smirk and she waltzes back out, in the direction of Tewkesbury.

I start to panic as she starts to talk to him, and they start to laugh together.

I look down at my shoes, but I feel a pair of eyes on me. I slowly look up to find his eyes looking over at me.

Look at those eyes.

Those hazel eyes.

I feel the butterflies erupt in my stomach, my cheeks beating up.

I seem to be captivated in his warm hazel eyes, that I don't take notice of them walking towards me.

"Where are you taking me?" He asks in a thick british accent. I could listen to his voice all day.

"I'm about to change your life." Enola answers as they near me. I set my glass down on as my hands are to shaky to hold it.

"Then by all means, lead the way." He answers and they stop in front of me. Tewkesbury's eyes bore into mine for a moment until I clear my throat.

"Y/n Y/l/n. It's a please to meet you." I say, extending my hand.

"My best friend." Enola says, beaming at the two of us.

Tewkesbury smiles at me and a small blush paints his cheeks. "The pleasure is all mine." He says, bringing my hand to his lips and placing a kiss upon my knuckles.

"I'll leave you to it!" Enola says, sending a wink my way as she floats back to the dance floor.

He turns back to me and extends his hand, "May I have this dance?" He asks, his eyes begging me to say yes.

"Of course." I say, grabbing his hand and leading us to the floor. Every time my eyes find Enola's, she makes a daring gesture to the Viscount, and I laugh every time.

I enjoy the night, dancing it away with Tewkesbury.

3rd POV

The two dance in sync with each other, both of them completely lost in one another.

Y/n never believed in love at first sight or true love or silly things like that, but now?

Now she had hope.

— One Month Later —

The young Lord and Lady kept in touch after that fateful night, their letters becoming more and more frequent.

Every time Y/n received a letter, she immediately smiles at the thought of Tewkesbury, her silly school girl crush growing into something more.

Enola would tease her relentlessly, but she was actually happy for her friend. Enola always wanted her to be happy, after all, she was one of the best people she's ever met.

— Four Months Later —

After many months of constant letters, the two finally have the chance to meet in person.

Y/n stands in the park, the place they are destined to meet at, leaning against the tree.

She hears the crunching of leaves and suddenly a presences behind her. "I didn't know it was possible for you to look anymore beautiful than the night of the ball." A voice says.

She turns to be met with those gorgeous hazel eyes and a smile finds there faces. "Tewkesbury!" She says, pulling him into a hug.

He hugs her with his arms around her waist, taking in her pleasant smell.

The hug lingers for a bit too long before they pull apart. "It's lovely to see you again." She says, their eyes locked. "Um, would you like to accompany me for a walk?" She asks, clearing her throat.

He nods quickly and they walk on the dirt path that weaves through the park, their conversation filled with laughter and sarcasm.

They find a bench looking out onto the green grass, and Tewkesbury discretely admired her as she looks at the nature in front of her.

He looks down the her hands to see her fiddling with a small ring on her right hand. "What's that?" he asks, pointing to the small gold band.

She looks at the ring and smiles. "It was my grandmothers. It was a ring from her childhood, hence why it only fits my fifth finger. My sister and i each got one, and now that she's gone, we where them mostly everywhere." Y/n explains.

He smiles as she reminisces in her memories, before deciding to be bold. He puts his arm around her making Y/n look up at him in surprise. "What are you doing Tewkesbury?" She asks.

"Oh, I'm sorry, is that alright?" He asks nervously, his confidence deflating.

"No, it's perfectly fine." Y/n says a bit too quickly. "It's fine."

She rests her head on his shoulder and he puts his head on top of hers, both of their hearts fluttery as they watch the sun glow upon the grass, their love for one another growing more.

sorry i kinda went off topic??? everything in the song happens SUPER fast so i was like uhhhh .o.

so hope this is what you wanted :))