With Cinnamon • Louis

requested by that_malfoy_girl

ouat crossover!
( y/n, louis, and henry are all 16/17 )

y/n has powers but i'm too lazy to make a backstory and this has nothing to do with the show, just the characters so no particular plot point :)

———

Y/n sits in a booth at Grammy's, doing her homework with a hot chocolate with cinnamon on top to her left.

As she takes notes, a boy slides into the seat across from her. She glances up at him and back down at her work. "Hi Louis." She says, turning the page of her book.

"Hi Y/n." He says, glancing at her notebook to see dozens of drawings in the margins. He quickly orders a hot chocolate as well and the two begin to talk.

When his drink arrives, Henry Mills slides into the seat next to Y/n. "You should add cinnamon to that." He comments.

"Yeah," Y/n pipes in, "I showed Henry that back in the third grade and that's been his order ever since." She teases, earning a blush from him.

Louis narrows his eyes and quickly asks for a little bit of cinnamon from Red. "Taking advices from these two i see." She comments once she serves it.

The three continue to chat, the homework long forgotten.

———

Throughout the week, Henry and Louis continue to talk to Y/n, both trying to catch her alone and do little things to try to gain her attention.

You see, Henry has been Y/n's best friend for as long as they can remember, and the two were practically joined at the hip.

When Y/n welcomed Louis into their group in the ninth grade, Henry was a tad jealous- ok a lot jealous. Because Henry might've caught feelings for the girl.

But here's the problem: so had Louis.

Y/n on the other hand, is a hard book to read. She puts up a mask almost, one of happiness and laughter because of her powers, which get harder to keep under control when her emotions get out of hand.

So the boys both stick with it, unbeknownst to the oblivious Y/n.

———

A few days later, the three walk along the docs, joking and laughing around as normal.

Y/n stands in the middle of the two boys, both of them sneaking not-so-subtle glance at her.

She looks from Henry, to Louis, and back to Henry when she finally snaps. "Alright, what's going on with you two?" She asks.

The two blink rapidly before replying:

"What?"

"Nothing's happening!"

"Why would you think that?"

She rolls her eyes at the two, "Come on? I know you both better than anyone. Somethings up." She says, walking in from while facing them, her back turned to where she's going.

Henry fidgets nervously with his scarf, contemplating his next choice of words.

The walk in silence for a second, before Y/n trips over her own feet and lands hard on the concrete.

"Y/n, are you ok?"

"Oh my gosh!"

The two rush over and both try to help her up quickly. "Guys I'm fine-"

"Louis I can help her up."

"So can I."

"She doesn't need two people. She's fine." Henry says, pulling one of her arms towards him.

"Why do you have to be the one helping her?" Louis snaps back, picking up her other arm.

"Guys—" Y/n tries and fails,

"Because I'm her best friend!" Henry says, yanking her arm again.

"I'm her best friend too!" Louis argues, going the same.

"I've been it for longer!"

"Well—Well—"

"Stop." Y/n says, breaking away from them as the boys continue to argue.

"Exactly!"

"Well I'm just as much her friend as you!"

"Stop it!" She says louder.

"I don't think that's possible. I've been her friend since the first grade! You can't make up for all those years!"

"Stop it!" She screams over them, multiple lights on the pier bursting from her powers.

The two boys turn to look at her as she shakes. She turns and runs away, her emotions getting the best of her. "Y/n!" Henry and Louis call after her.

The light posts bend in her wake, the boys finding it best to give her a little time to calm down.

———

A few days later, they find Y/n sitting at Granny's, staring blankly out the window.

She is startled as they both slide a hot chocolate towards her, of course topped with cinnamon.

She looks up at the two with confusion.

"I'm sorry." Henry starts,

"We're sorry." Louis cuts him off.

She glances at the two mugs in front of her and back to the boys.

"Well, we know that's your favorite and so we thought it might be easier for you to forgive us." Henry explains.

She nods and stands up, and they do as well. "What happened back there?" she asks quietly.

They look at each other and sigh.

"It doesn't matter." She mumbles before hugging both of the boys, on arm around each of them.

They both hug back, holding her tight.

After finishing the drinks, the three exit, and Henry hops in his moms car ( he failed his driving test three times ).

Louis hangs back and walks with Y/n through town. He clears his throat and Y/n looks at him. "The reason... that we were fighting... is because we both like you." He mumbles angrily.

She stops in her tracks. "You... both... like... me? You're talking about me? Awkward, insecure me?" She asks.

He grabs her hands, stopping her stuttering. "You forgot amazing, caring, kind you. You're amazing Y/n, how could we not like you?" He asks.

She exhaled and meets his eyes. "Henry... is just a friend. He grew up with me i mean... I don't know." She says, making him sigh, "But maybe, I like you too." She says very quickly.

Louis blinks at her before picking her up and spinning her around. "Does this mean I can take you out on a date?"

"Only if we get hot chocolate with cinnamon." She teases and Louis nods quickly.