Lady of the Court • Tewkesbury

au where Tewkesbury is going to be king and y/n is going to be a lady of the court

———

~ Age 5 ~

Two squealing kids run around all the adults, weaving through the fabric of their long dresses and pants like and obstacle course.

The run under the table cloth on one of the tables and Y/n giggles as Tewkesbury runs in late. "I win!" She said victoriously.

"You cheated!" He pouts, crossing his arms.

Y/n laughs at her friends' stubbornness, "Dont be such a sore loser Tewks."

"Tewks?" The boy asks his friend.

"You're name is too long. Tewks is nice and short. Just like you!" She said as she pulls them out from under the table, showing off her height of only three inches.

"I'm gonna be tall one day. Just you wait." He says.

"You're also going to be king one day." His mother says, grabbing his arms.

"And Y/n is going to be a lady. We've got no time for misbehaving." Y/n's mother says, the two woman trying to separate the energetic kids.

The two kids look over their shoulders and smile.

~ Age 10 ~

Y/n and Tewkesbury ride their small horses through the courtyard.

"Come on Tewks you can do better than that!" Y/n says, her eyes ahead as she goes faster than the brown haired boy.

"Y/n? Tewkesbury!" Their scholar calls after them.

The two kids giggle and continue riding, the wind wiping their hair.

~ Age 12 ~

Y/n practices her archery as Tewkesbury watches from the window. His father comes up behind him and places his hand on his shoulder. "She's a good one, son."

"What do you mean father?" Tewkesbury asks.

"I mean, she will make a fine queen one day." He says, walking away and leaving his son to his thoughts.

He watches as Y/n hits the bullseye and celebrates, a smile spreading upon his face.

~ Age 13 ~

Y/n and Tewkesbury run through the castle, their laughs echoing down the halls. "Let's play a game Tewks." She laughs.

"Must you still call me that awful nickname?" He groans.

She rolls her eyes. "Yes Tewks. For as long as you're shorter than me. And don't lie, you adore it." She says smugly.

"I do not!" He groans, making Y/n laugh more. "I'm only an inch shorter that you!"

"So, therefore I will still call you Tewks." She smiles.

They slide down the humongous stair case and land at the bottom. Y/n parents come around the corner to find the children laughing on their bottoms, faces flushed from running.

"Y/n! This is unacceptable behavior for a lady!" Her mother cries.

"But mom-"

"Do not talk back to your mother!" Her father snaps. "And look, your poor attitude is rubbing off on the prince."

"Lord Y/l/n I assure you-" Tewkesbury tries.

"Enough! You've got to start acting like a young lady! It's time we knocked some sense into you!" He mother states, grabbing her by the arm.