Friends? • Tewkesbury

requested by @angelchild10

...kinda went a little all over? i don't know anymore

———

Y/n watches as Enola cuts Tewkesbury's hair from her spot under the tent. She sighs and turns on her side to block them from view.

Even though she's known Tewkesbury for her whole life, even though she ran away with him, even though she has feelings for him, she sees how they look at each other. She goes to the farthest corner of the tent and turns to the outside.

After a few more minutes, she feels Enola and Tewkesbury's presence. "Goodnight, Y/n." Tewkesbury says, brushing his hand over her shoulder, but she shrugs him off. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

He faces her back and tries to figure out why she is ignoring him.

Over their journey together, Y/n has been more distant and giving Enola and Tewkesbury more space. She wanted Tewkesbury to find someone, the right one for him. It was true. She loved her best friend.

But that's all they were. Just best friends.

She sighed as she twirled her thumbs, deep in thought. She didn't notice Tewkesbury's worried glances at her.

She didn't notice Tewkesbury asking Enola to wait up ahead.

She only lifted her head when Tewkesbury nudged her arm. "All right, what's up with you."

"N-nothing. What's wrong with you?" Y/n say quickly, looking away.

Tewkesbury sighs and rolls his eyes. He grabs her my her shoulders and makes her face him. "Y/n. You're making me worried." He says, his eyes tracing her face.

"I just... I want you to be happy."

"Wait-what? I'm confused." He says.

"Enola. I see how you look at her. She's pretty, smart, intriguing, the perfect girl. She would make you happy. I don't want to get in the way of that." She shrugs him off and continues walking.

"But-" You would make me happier. He thinks to himself. He sighs and runs after her. "Y/n wait!" He says.

She turns and crosses her arms over her chest, Enola watching from a little ways away.

"I-I need to tell you something." He looks at her and when she nods, he takes a deep breath in. "You are beautiful. You are smart, caring, and the perfect girl. I don't know what you saw, but Y/n I'm not in love with her. I'm in love with you! I have been for years! god!" He says tearing a hand through his hair.

Y/n stands with her mouth open slightly.

He looks away and back to her before leaning in quickly. He kisses her lips quickly and when he pulls back he looks at her shocked face. "I'm sorry, was that bad?" He asks quietly.

She grabs the sides of his face and pulls his lips to his for a bit longer. After about five seconds, she pulls away and smiles. "Not bad at all Tewkesbury, not bad at all."

A small cheer is heard and they turn their heads to a very smiley Enola. "That was adorable!"She squeals, making Y/n and Tewkesbury giggle at her antics. "Ok, lovebirds, let's keep moving." She says happily.

Tewkesbury turns to the girl and looks at her with a goofy smile. "So... Maybe when we get to London, I can take you on a date?"

Y/n nods shyly and smiles. "Ok."

i just noticed i write basically all fluff. do you guys want something else or should i just ride out this fluffy wave?