Pond Lilies • Tewkesbury

requested by @theuglybestfrnd

i changed it a little :))

note: the flowers I used are said "to be commonly confused" with each other so-

———

A girl in simple clothing sits by a pond, looking around at all the nature in front of her. She looks down to the water and reaches out, grabbing a pond flower.

She feels a presence beside her and glances to she a boy, no older than 17 at her side. "Ah, a Hydrocharis morsus-ranae, beautiful flower, feisty plant." He states.

(here's the flower)

Y/n looks over at him

Y/n looks over at him. "Excuse me, boy, this is not a Hydrocharus morsus-ranae, it's obviously a Nymphoides peltata." She holds up the flower so they can inspect it, Tewkesbury's eyes widen at the fact she even know a scientific name of a plant.

(Y/n's flower)

"No, miss, you've got it all wrong

"No, miss, you've got it all wrong. I assure you, this is most definitely a European frog-bit. It looks just like the one in my book." Tewkesbury insists.

"Then you'll see that the Hydrocharus morsus-ranae is a mainly white flower, while the Yellow floating heart has a yellow petal with a green center. This, my dear friend, is a yellow flower." Y/n says, motioning to the petals for effect. "That is how you know the difference."

"But-"

"Oh, it's quite alright, these two plants are commonly confused with one another. A beginners error." She says, throwing the plant back in the pond and standing up, dusting off her dress. "If you want help with your flower studies, I am quite advanced." She says, holding out her hand. "I'm Y/n."

"I-I'm Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether." He says, shaking her hand.

"Quite the title you have there." She said as she drops his hand. "Well, if you would like, i'm off to the tea shop down the road. You are welcome to join me." She says, turning and swiftly walking away.

He watches her leave with an awestruck expression, before quickly coming to his senses and running after her. "How do you know so much about plants?"

"Oh, my parents taught me before they passed away." She said looking down, "But what about you? You must have some knowledge of plants too."

"Yes, my father taught me. I'm sorry about your parents." He said.

Y/n looks away and sighs. "It was tragic. But, they wouldn't want me to despair." She said, trying to put on a strong facade.

Tewkesbury looks down and slowly laced his fingers with hers. Y/n smiles lightly and keeps walking to the shop hand in hand.

The enter the shop and Y/n greets the workers they pass.

After spending two hours at the shop, talking about anything and everything and getting to know each other.

After the first meeting, they met up by the pond many times, and it was easy to say the young Viscount had caught feelings for the young lady.

He was absolutely smitten for her, but she seemed to be oblivious.

But that's what it seemed like.

In reality, Y/n was very amused to Tewkesbury's attempts to get her to look his way, even though he had already turned her head, and enjoyed having him do whatever she pleased like a lovesick puppy.

She honestly felt sort of bad for him.

Currently, they were walking on the sidewalks, taking in London and the sights, and they turned onto a park. Y/n pulls Tewkesbury's hand and giggles, running down the hill like children.

She pulls them down and they start to watch the clouds, their heads near each other's. "Really makes you feel small, doesn't it?" Y/n says, looking at the shapes overhead.

"Yeah. I mean, there is so much more than two teenagers. And certainly more important things than a boy in love." He admits.

She turns and props her head on her hand. "You're realizing this now?" She says, raising an amused eyebrow.

"You knew?" He says, his eyes widening.

"Again, you're realizing this now?" She laughs. "Now, are you gonna kiss me, or do I have to do everything myself."
(imagine being this bold. man i wish.)

Tewkesbury looks at the girl and she rolls her eyes before pulling his collar and their lips meet.

Tewkesbury pulls her closer, enjoying the feeling of her lips on his, which he wanted to experience for so long.

She smiles and pulls away. "Well, Viscount Tewkesbury, I suppose I'll have to take you for a proper date." She taps his nose and gets up and winks at him, before walking away

He stares after her with a love struck expression as he watches her hair bounce with every step and smiles at the girl he's fallen so in love with.