Project • Louis

I walk into class with my earbuds in and drop into the seat next to Y/f/n, but she pays no attention to me.

She's too busy looking at Louis.

I roll my eyes and pull out my binder and homework, the music still blasting through the earbuds. I look around the class to see most of the girls, and a few boys, looking at Louis and giggling to their friends.

I shake my head and quickly pull out my earbuds as Mr. Ramirez walks in and starts our history lecture. I try to take notes and listen, until he announces, "Alright guys, our midterm project is coming up, and I've decided it will be a partner assignment." I mentally groan as he says that, as I usually end up doing most of the work. "I have a list of inventions, and your assignment is to tell us why your invention is the most important to our modern day society." He explains.

A girl raises her hand, "Mr. Ramirez, will we get to chose our partners?" She asks, glancing to Louis.

"No, I will be assigning your partners." He says, the class collectively groaning.

Y/f/n leans over and sighs. "I hope I'm with a louis."

I cross my arms and lean back in my chair as the teacher starts naming pairs, zoning out until I hear my name, "...Y/n and Louis.."

My eyes widen as I feel the glare of at least half the class on me and I pull my hood over my head and slouch in my chair, trying to draw the attention away from me.

As soon as the class ends, I leap out of my chair and practically sprint to my locker, chucking my books inside.

Thank God it's Friday.

I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder, almost home free, until I'm stopped by none other that the famous Louis Partridge.

"Hey..." He says awkwardly as I slam my locker shut, making him flinch. "So, um... That history project..."

"Yeah. We can work at my place, it that's ok. I hope I'm not too poor for you." I say sarcastically.

"No- I- Um-"

"Relax dude I'm kidding." I laugh and nod my head, motioning for him to walk with me.

A silence falls as we leave to school, walking to my house. I feel Louis looking at me, but I keep my eyes glued to the sidewalk. "You're...different." He says after about three minutes.

I look at him and question, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"It's good. You're not like, nervous to talk to me. You talk to me like I'm a normal person. It's...nice." He says with a small smile.

"Well, that's because you are a normal person. You're just...famous too." I say, also smiling.

A blush paints his cheeks and he looks down, making me raise an eyebrow. "Am I making The Louis Partridge blush?" I tease him, making his cheeks get redder.

"I-No-What- Of course not." He says, looking away.

"Uh-huh. Ok Famous boy, we're here." I say, going up to try doorstep and unlocking the door, leading him to my room and falling onto the bed, Louis sitting at the desk.

"Nice room." He comments, looking over the polaroid wall.

I take this time to look over his features, and I guess he's cute, I see why everyone make heart eyes at him. "So, We should start on the project." I say, taking out my notes and laptop, opening a google slide.

After about three hours of working, I lay my head down on the desk. "Can we pleeeease take a break?" I whine.

Louis laughs and closes the computer. "Fine. We can watch a movie or something."

An evil smirk comes on my face as I snatch the remote and turn on Netflix. He sucks in a breath and groans. "No please not Enola I've seen it too many times."

"Too late!" I say, making him cover his face in his hands. "Hey, don't be embarrassed! It's really good!"

"It's just- I do weird shit that no one else notices and I don't know..."

I pat the bed beside me and Louis grabs a pillow and hugs it as the opening part plays.

"I don't suppose I can call you nincompoop now-"

"Dont. Even. Think about it." He snaps, making me laugh.

After the movie I sigh and look over at Louis, propping my head up on my hand. "I thought it was rather good."

He looks up and smiles. "It was because of me, wasn't it?" He says cockily.

I smack him with a pillow making him glare playfully, which turns out into a full out pillow fight.

I squeal as he chases me around the room, both of us laughing uncontrollably. He jumps and tackles me onto the bed and everything seems to stop.

My eyes widen at how close we are, our bodies pressed against each other, our heavy breathing slowing. He quickly scrambles off of me, both of our faces flushed.

"I-Uh- We should get back to the project." I stutter and he goes back to the desk.

I smile when his back is to me, my heart fluttery.

Louis' POV

I exhale and run a hand through my hair, my thoughts racing.

This girl that I've like since freshman year, I almost kissed her.

She barely even knows me, how could she like me?

———
I didn't have them kiss because they like just met so-

probably won't be a part two because I wouldn't know what to write 😅

unless someone requests-