Mischief Managed • Louis

y'all already knew from the title but —

ravenclaw!reader x marauder!louis

———

Y/n sat in the library as she does every Thursday afternoon, waiting for a particular mischievous Gryffindor to arrive for their tutoring session. As she continued to work on her Charms essay, she kept track of the time as the minutes ticked by, the calming silence of the library surrounding her.

When Louis entered, she didn't see him at first, but she knew the way the doors opened loudly, and the rushed footsteps, that it was in fact the boy she'd been waiting for.

She spared him a quick glances, causing a guilty expression to cross Louis' features as he realized he was twenty minutes late. He opened his mouth to apologize when Y/n cut him off. "Don't worry about it. It's fine. Let's just get started before Mcgonagall's on your arse about your failing grade." She replied.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows at her response. "Pads told me that whenever a woman says something's fine that she really means the opposite." He says cautiously, finding the seat across from her.

Y/n's quill paused for the first time since his arrival. "I'm serious. It's fine. Now, Transfiguration, yeah?" She says, sliding her class notes in front of them, tucking away her essay for later.

Ever since about mid-October, Professor Mcgonagall had asked her star student, Y/n, to tutor Louis, because as hard as she was on the five pesky marauders, she had to admit she had a soft spot for them. And let's face it, they didn't pay attention in class anyway.

Now, early December, Y/n and Louis had met one to two times a week for her to help him with understanding the material.

But over the last few weeks, Louis had been asking for more and more sessions, insisting he was falling behind, but in reality Louis had grown fond of the Y/l/n girl, intrigued by her to say the least. And during these extra session, he had been able to grow close to her, and even Y/n considered them to be friends now.

Y/n's best friend, Lily Evans, insisted that Y/n in fact fancied the young Gryffindor, but Y/n was adamant that she had no feelings for him whatsoever.

Taking her quill back into her hand, she turned to Louis to review the new material, working through it for about an hour, until the pair of them had gotten Louis to a good understanding.

Now, most bystanders would say that it was unrealistic, the way Louis was so concentrated on his work, but he wanted to show the Ravenclaw that he could apply himself and work to get better and improve.

After they had finished their work, Louis and Y/n found themself in conversation, a rather interesting one at that, "How is that possible?" Louis asked teasingly. "You're in your sixth year and you've never been on a single date to Hogsmeade?" He asks in disbelief. "I'm sure there's loads of lads who would love to take you out."

Y/n shook her head, "No one's ever asked me." She admits, fiddling with the sleeve of her robe.

"Rubbish. I know for a fact that one of the Ravenclaw blokes asked you, and you refused." He says cheekily.

"I wasn't going to go on a date with Lockheart. Do you really think that low of me?" She teased.

Louis was quick to apologize, not noticing her teasing demeanor, "Oh, no, I didn't mean —"

"Relax Partridge." She chuckles to herself, standing up and pushing in her chair, the clock reading that she was supposed to meet Lily in a few minutes.

Louis saw her getting ready to leave and scrambled to get up, realizing it was now or never. "Well, if you want to check another activity off your Hogwarts bucket list, and fix your little dilemma of not having the joy of going to Hogsmeade on a date. How about we do out."