The Son of the Dark One • Louis

WHERE ARE MY ONCERS AT?

i'm rewatching once upon a time and it got me in the mood.

for those of you who haven't watched it, here's what you need to know:

- The Ogre wars have been going on awhile and they have been sending the kids off to war
- i think the age of conscription is 15 in the show, but for the sake of this we're gonna make it 17
- The Dark One (Rumplestiltskin) is the most powerful dark sorcerer in all the land (besides peter pan...but we'll get to that later)
- Louis is going to be his son, brother to Baelfire (Rumple's son in the show)
- Rumple is extremely protective of his sons
- Louis and you are seeing each other in private, for fear of his father's rage.

on with the imagine!

———

Y/n walks the small village, carrying water pails in both hands.

She passes a boy, with brown hair and hazel eyes, and they smile softly at each other.

She continues to walk to the well in the forest, the boy following as discretely as possible. She stops at the well which is securely covered by trees. "You can come out now Lou." She calls, her back to the boy.

Louis peeks his head out from behind a tree, walking up to Y/n and wrapping his arms around her from behind. She sighs and puts the water down, turning to face Louis.

He leans down and their lips meet, Y/n's hands resting on his chest as his arm still around her waist. Their lips are still connected and he pushes her against the well, Y/n pulling away slowly. "Lou... I need to tell you something." She whispers.

"Oh god. Did I do something wrong?" He trembles.

She pulls his hands and he looks her in the eye. "No, my love. Never. It's just... my 17th birthday is in four days time." She says sadly.

Louis falters back a step. "But that means-"

"They're coming for me Louis." She cries.

He steps back to her, hugging her shaking frame to him. "I won't let them. My father, he saved me from conscription, maybe he can do the same for you."

"The Dark One will never help me." She sniffles sadly. "Besides, then we would have to tell him. And Bae." (Baelfire's nickname)

"But-But I love you! They can't take you away!" He cries.

"I love you too Lou, but there's nothing that can be done." She says, tracing his jawline. "Just...let's spend these last days together, yeah?"

He nods and kisses her again, tears rolling down their cheeks.

— Four Days Later —

The king's men ride in on their high horses, the town gathering as Y/n shakes.

"We've come for Y/n Y/l/n, to conscript her to fight for our kingdom in the Ogre wars!" One of the men declares.

A burly man shoves Y/n forward and she stands tall. She will not let her village see her weak. "Y/n wait!" A voice from the crowd calls.

Louis runs forward and steps in front of her. "You can't take her! I won't let you!" He cries.

"Lou, step away from the girl." Rumplestiltskin says, parting the crowd.

"No! Papa, I love her!" He says, making the onlookers gasp.

"You don't know what you're saying Lou." He says, walking up to the teens.

"Papa, please. save her." He begs. "Like you did Bae and me."

"That's different." He says, snapping his fingers and Lou is gone in a cloud of blue smoke, back to the house. "So long, dearie." He tells her as he blinks away.

"No!" Lou shouts as he bangs on the doors of the house, unable to escape. "Y/n!" He says, bashing his shoulder into the wall. He does this repeatedly, until he hears the fanfare, declaring another warrior taken to battle.

Another child taken from their home.

He crumbles on the door, his father coming to his side.

"It's for your own good Lou." He says with an evil smirk.

Lou swats his arms away and stomps off to his room, slamming the door.

— 1 Week Later —

Louis sits on his bed, looking out at the starry sky, picturing Y/n's face in the moon.

Oh how he missed her.

He opens the window and continues to watch until he hears something.

Music.

The music of a flute.

And although Louis didn't know this, it was the music of the piper.

part two coming soon!

———

unrelated an:
LOOK AT THIS PIC I EDITED OF MILLIE I LOVE HER SM SHES AN ACTUAL GODDESS AHH LOOK

unrelated an: LOOK AT THIS PIC I EDITED OF MILLIE I LOVE HER SM SHES AN ACTUAL GODDESS AHH LOOK

i'm so bi

ok have a nice day/night :))