Thoughts • Louis

I put my bag down and fall onto my bed. I roll over and look at the ceiling.

I breathe in and out, in and out. I just try to enjoy the quiet.

Y/n, you can't be slacking, you have an english essay due.

Y/n, what about that Chem project?

Once the water trickles out, the floodgates of thoughts open.

How about that History Test?

You need more groceries.

How about the weeks worth of Calculous homework?

And your art project?

"Shut up." I mutter to the sounds in my head.

You also need to do the soccer clips.

And you need to study for the midterms for all of your subjects.

I start to shake and I reach for my phone.

y/n
can you come over?
like now?

lou🤍
yeah ofc
what's wrong?
did something happen?

y/n
i just need some company right now.

lou🤍
i'll be there in ten

y/n
louis you live twenty
minutes away

lou🤍
yeah
so

I don't know what he does, but Louis always had a way to make me smile.

y/n
ok seen you soon dork

lou🤍
i'm your dork 💕

See? See what he does? See what he does to me? He's a little-

lou🤍
see you soon

y/n
yeah
please hurry.
Read 3:57 pm

I close my eyes and put my phone down. My eyes find the clock and I laugh. He's not coming in ten minutes.

My eyes stay glued to the clock, and before I realized it, my tears are flowing.

the clock hits 4:07 and about thirty seconds later, I hear footsteps moving towards my room, and the door bursts open to reveal Louis. He looks at the clock and smiles. "See then minutes." Then he looks back to me and notices my tears. "Y/n, what's wrong love?" He says, sitting on the bed.

I turn and face him. "I...I have so much to do, I'm so stressed out and I-I don't know what to do. I mean, I have midterms in three weeks, a shit ton of projects, and I haven't even started anything. I feel like I am not doing enough even though I feel like I'm going a million miles an hour." I say as the tears start to fall faster.

He pulls me close to him and my head rests on his chest, listening to his heart beat. He hugs me tightly and runs my back. "You are enough. I'll be hear with you the whole way, and I'll help as much as I can. Please let me help. It's gonna be ok." He whispers.

I nod against his chest. "Ok. But... can we just stay like this for a while?"

He kisses my cheek. "Of course."

We stay like that for about two hours. Him holding me. In each other's arms.

Sometimes, I just need someone to hold me and tell me it's ok.

Is that too much to ask?