Dress • Tewkesbury

i'm having major writers block 😅😅

imagine where like enola, you go to a dress store and pick out a beautiful dress for disguise while Tewkesbury buys the flower scene's suit. Tewkesbury has known you all your life, but since you lived in the country, you never wore dresses or corsets.
———

Your POV

"Alright Tewkesbury I found a suitable dress shop. I'm going to find something appropriate for our disguise. Now, go get some...cheaper clothes so you look less like you." I say, giving some of the money to him.

"Ok. I'll be fast. I already found a suit cover that well meets my needs. I'll meet you in the store. You're going to that one, correct?" He says, gesturing to the shop I had my eye on.

"Yes. Now hurry along, I'm going to try to be as quick as I can." I say, shoving him playfully down the sidewalk.

He stumbles and continues to walk, sending me a cheeky gin over his shoulder. I laugh and turn to the shop, walking in the direction a few doors down. I enter and the lady who works there is trimming a dress. "Hello dear! Do you need help finding anything?" She says with an accent that sounds like it comes from the countrysides.

"Thank you, ma'am, I'm just here to browse." I say with a slight nod. I make my way to the back and look through the selection of clothing.

I gasp as I find an elegant navy fabric and pull out the ensemble. I carry the think fabric to the back and fumble a bit with the corset, but figuring it out.

Once I have all the piece of the outfit arranged accordingly, I turn to the mirror.

I don't even look like myself.

I look like a lady.

The dark fabric fits on me just right, the skirt extending just at my waist and sprouting out around me.

I smile as I see the silky texture, spinning around. I check the amount of money I have and a satisfied grin is plastered into my face. I gather my other clothes and fold them neatly for transportation, and exit the dressing room.

I see Tewkesbury standing there with the seamstress as I step out, and I feel the heat rise to my cheeks as their eyes turn to me.

"Oh look at you. Aren't you a little beauty?" She says as she comes over to me. She examines the dress and awes. "Isn't she beautiful?" She says to Tewkesbury.

A deep blush sets on his cheeks, reaching the tips of his ears. "She is indeed." He says sincerely. My eyes drop to the floor, so many butterflies erupting and my smile growing. Tewkesbury clears his throat and I look back to him. "We should be going, right Y/n?"

I nod quickly. "Let me just pay this kind woman for her beautiful dress."

"No darling." She tuts, "Keep it. I've never seen a dress more right for someone."

"Are you sure?" I ask excitedly.

She nods, a smile on her lips. "It's yours."

I thank her quickly and I exit with Tewkesbury. An awkward silence fills the space between us as we walk back to the lodgings house. Every time I look at him, he's already looking at me. After five minutes, I cant take it anymore. "What are you looking at me like that for?"

His eyes shift to the floor as I cross my arms in annoyance. "You really do look beautiful." He mumbles.

"Oh."

Oh? Really? That's the best you could do? You're pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

"Y—Yeah. I mean, not that you're not always beautiful, it's just— I didn't—I didn't know you could look even more beautiful than before." He stumbles over his words.

My cheeks heat up and I look at him with a grin. He glances up at me and notices my expression. "What?" He asks.

"Nothing." I say, my smirk growing. "Nothing at all." I say, before walking towards our building, leaving a flustered Tewkesbury to chase after me.

there might be a part two????? idk