62

"Shit. That's Suna Rintarou, why am I nervous? He's still handsome and hot as ever, my secret crush back in high school... No Y/n! Stay composed! You have a goddamn boyfriend for duck's sake."

After Sakusa spends his day with Y/n he went home to clean his house so the Ushijima Y/n grab the opportunity to be alone and have a nice stroll outside, with no cars and a crowd. A peaceful quiet night is all she could ask for, deciding to sneak out and take a walk during a winter night, she grew to like cold, loving the windy air, it's soothing her a little. Some people don't like it but she loves it. The cold has the warmest embrace.

Due to her looking-dumb thinking state, Y/n didn't notice Suna approaching her statued figure at the moment, that has to be embarrassing. She's still standing clueless about Suna.

The expressionless boy stared at her, Y/n still in her thought digging too deep on her memory lane. Suna stayed on the same spot not moving an inch, the volleyball player waited for a while, she still hasn't noticed him. He's tall and still invincible around her. Y/n's completely defenseless at this very moment.

Suna saw the changes Y/n made, she's like him now. Expressionless. Her appearance makes her look unapproachable, it's scary how she changed herself, from someone to no one. This is the moral of the story that Y/n had to understand and learn to recreate in real life. Osamu made her like this. Osamu might apologize but has he truly apologize for changing her as someone she doesn't want to be? It's unfair. The Earth is fair the people aren't.

"Hey stupid, been a long ass time." He said flickering Y/n's forehead.

She snapped out of her thoughts Y/n diverted her gaze to Suna, his face approximately close, her light blush becoming more noticeable.

"Am I too handsome that it got you flustered? Geez."

"Yes, yer hands—Hello Suna-san it's nice seein' ye again."

"Likewise." For a moment, they stood there, waiting for someone who'll save their awkward conversation.

"Why don't we take a seat over there?" Y/n offered to refer to the empty bench.

"Sure."

As they sat down no other words came out, she's nervous. After she left Inarizaki a few years ago, she never contacted anyone. Suna started at the lamppost, thinking what topic he should strike on.

"How have ya been?"

"Fine, as you can see I'm playing for EJP Raijin."

"You continued playin' and go professional even though yer lazy and you don't even care about winning or losing and you slack off during games. Sometimes..." She lightly chuckled.

"I'm the most vigorous, laborious, and productive guy you've ever meet," He says, he's being sarcastic or just simply lying, "I don't even know the reason why I still play but it somehow makes me happy."

"It tugged a few heartstrings huh?"

"Yeah. What about you?"

"I'm doin' jus' fine. I like how my life has become."

"You've been successful. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you."

There's no leaking emotion, they're just bluntly talking to each other, at this very moment there's no heartfelt conversation, it's cold as the winter tonight. They grew apart as former friends before. None of them could speak, the silence deafening their atmosphere.

"Back in high school, why did you leave? No one told me the reason every time I asked. It's a little frustrating. But I do know that you used to date Osamu."

"It's actually about Misato-san, yer ex-girlfriend."