07

It was four in the morning when the olive-haired girl woke up since she promised her brother that they would take a morning jog together, it's been a while. Y/n fixed her hair and brush her teeth, looking at her phone to check if someone messages her, there was none.

Noticing the time she hurriedly walks out of her dorm and met up with her brother whose already waiting outside of the room.

"Nii-san, good morning." She greeted, smiling a little at his brother.

"Morning."

They took off and did their run all around the campus, staying in much-needed silence because later it'll be chaos again.

"I've been meaning to ask—how are you and Miya Osamu?" The young Ushijima sigh, he doesn't know.

"We're good, still friends." Her reply was short as she doesn't want to dig a deeper hole.

"Does father know? Have you inform him?" A sigh escaped her red lips again, still hesitating to tell the truth.

"He doesn't need to know everything about me, this is my personal life."

"And yet I know."

She did not answer back once again silence ate the atmosphere of the two, continuing their morning run. The run lasted for a good hour, teams were now awake, eating inside the school's cafeteria.

"Let's eat together just the two of us, we have many things to talk about." His stoic facial expression did not falter, that sometimes even the other Ushijima get scared.

The two quietly enter the booming loud cafeteria breakfast are being served to the teams, then, a certain red hair approaches them with his energetic aura.

"Wakatoshi-kun! Ushijima-chan! Eat with us!" He sure is brighter than the rising sun outside.

"I have to politely take down that offer, my sister and I have something to talk about. Excuse us." The older Ushijima bowed a little, following his younger sister, unbeknownst to Wakatoshi, she's having fun by copying his facial expression.

The two quietly took their food before sitting at an empty table as they sat down and eat, Y/n did not notice his brother's stare as her focus is on the food.

"You told me that by your second year you'll come to Shiratorizawa."

"I know I told you that Nii-san but my plans changed I didn't intend to stay longer there but I found people which I call friends." Though the stare was more pressuring now-not like before.

"I see. Are your academic grades doing fine?"

"Yes, Nii-san." A small smile plastered to Wakatoshi's face before asking.

"Are you happy now?"

"You have no idea," Her smile was now noticeable, an enthusiastic aura wrapping in her spirit.

"I'm glad." His hand found its way to her head patting it lightly.

The coaches notice the interaction between the siblings the difference, the aura, the passion for the sport they love. As a family.

"Now I know that brat didn't get her loud mouth from her brother." Coach Kuruso muttered.

Y/n sneeze.

"Nii-san is my first play with your team? I have lots to teach but I'll teach all of you the same, heh."

"Ah yes, you'll be playing with us first. Hurry up, it's almost time to practice let's go."

"Good luck on the court, white eagle."