Chapter 35

60+ votes and 15+ comments for the next update! (James his outfit at the top/side)

****

"How about we go to the café down the road and get to know each other a bit better?" James got flusetered by the deep smooth voice, that belonged to Harry Styles, immediately. Harry was an attractive young man and he was asking him, James, out on what he guessed was sort of a date.

"Sure, let me just change into something else." Both of the young men looked down at the grey sweats that were hugging James's legs at the moment and laughed. No one would probably even notice that he wasn't wearing actual jeans, but James would like to look nice for what he considered his first date.

"Niall?" Knocking on the door was probably a good idea, since you never know what you will walk in on with those two and he certainly wasn't in the mood to walk in on his brother and Zayn.

The door opened and Niall stuck his head around the corner, his hair disheveled and lips red. "Right, is this a bad time?" The awkwardness was definitely felt in the air, James didn't mind that his brother was getting some but yes, it was awkward.

"No, no it's fine, come in." Niall opened the door further, giving James room to enter their bedroom. Niall stood there in just boxer, Zayn chilling on the bed in boxer and luckily a pair of sweats hanging, dangerously, low on his hips.

"So Harry just asked me if I wanted to go to the café down the road with him to get to know each other better, and umm.. I don't know what to wear I guess?" James was fidgeting with his hands, feeling pretty uncomfortable under Zayn en his brother's stares.

What the hell? Since when was Harry gay? Or even bi? He surely never told Zayn anything about this, and since they always tell each other everything it must be something he only found out about very recently.

Zayn jumped up, kissed his boyfriend on the cheek and left the room to find Harry. Why did the boy not come to him about this? They used to always tell each other everything, what had changed?

****

Harry was just hanging around in his room, giving James the time to change and get ready for their little date, when Zayn burst through the door. "Why didn't you tell me?" Were the first words to leave his mouth.

"What are you talking about, Zayn?" Harry was so confused at the moment, why didn't he tell Zayn what? He was pretty sure that there wasn't anything that he still had to tell Zayn.

"I'm talking about you being gay or at least bi and not saying anything about it to me! I've been so open with you and I thought you trusted me, why didn't you tell me!?" Zayn was close to tears by this point because Harry was one of the very few people that he actually trusted and now it all fired back at him because Harry obviously didn't trust him.

"Jesus christ I thought there was actually something huge I forgot to tell you," Harry didn't understand why this was such a big deal and this only made the tears in Zayn's eyes getting closer to the surface by the second.

Zayn wasn't one to cry but this actually hurt his feelings, he has always been so open with Harry and there wasn't a single thing that he didn't share with Harry, he had not once hesitated to tell the curly haired boy something but Harry obviously didn't think about the same way.

"This is huge Harry how can you not see that?! I have always told you everything and this is something pretty fucking huge to keep from me." Zayn didn't mean to yell but he realized that he did, how could Harry not understand this?

"Don't blame this all on me Zayn! You've been so caught up in your relationship that you didn't even notice anything." There was no way that Harry was going to take all the blame for this, Zayn should've noticed that something was wrong.

It felt like a blow to his stomach for Zayn, Harry though that he didn't care? He thought that he couldn't talk to Zayn anymore? That just downright hurt.

"Do you really think about it that way?" Zayn's voice suddenly dropped in loudness, it was now barely audible. "Harry you should know that you can always come talk to me, I would always make time for you."

Within seconds Zayn had a sobbing boy in his arms, he was crying his eyes out muttering 'I'm sorry' over and over, and really how could Zayn stay mad at him when he was all teary eyes and red cheeks?

"Shhh, don't cry Haz, it's all going to be alright don't worry. Just please don't hesitate to come to me next time okay?" Harry nodded his head vigorously not wanting Zayn to doubt his trust in him again.

"I'm sorry, I promise to come to you next time!" Zayn sure hoped he would because Harry has been his best friend for so long, he couldn't bear losing him.

"So, James huh?" Zayn said wiggling his eyebrows, leaving Harry a blushing mess.

****

"Right, so first of don't give in when Harry asks for something, I'm just warning you because he can be very persistent." Niall didn't want his younger brother giving into something he might not really want to do.

"I promise I won't, I don't think I'm ready to do anything with someone just yet anyways." James didn't want to let his brother down so he listened very closely to everything the older boy said.

"Right, now that that's out of the way, let's find you something suitable to wear." James nodded enthusiastically, he really did look forward to the little date he was going on with Harry in a few minutes.

"Right put this on, would you?" James stripped down the second his brother asked him to. He wasn't ashamed of his body, at least not in front of his older brother. He threw on the clothes Niall gave him and turned towards Niall to let him check the outfit.

"You look hot, I'm sure Harry will be wanting to go on a second date." It wasn't Niall's voice that told him this but Zayn's, when did the guy even come in?

"Thank you," James's cheeks became a dark red color, not yet used to getting compliments from other, insanely hot, guys.

****

"Take care of my little baby brother or I will kill you, and I'm not joking." Harry nodded quickly linking his arm with James's trying to get out of the house as fast as possible.

****

QOTD: James and Harry? James and Louis? Or James and Liam?

Big shout out to @SJMyers1992 for the comment on my last chapter, it really made me smile and I hope to get a great comment like that again sometime 😊