Chapter 14

“Hey,” Zayn whispered when he entered the room. Niall looked up immediately, recognizing the voice as if it was his own. He was shocked though when he look over, Zayn looked as if he had been crying and that wasn’t something he had expected to see.

Harry looked up as well. He did, just as Niall, recognize Zayn’s voice. He was confused, why would Zayn be here after what he did? But when he looked up he was shocked, maybe even more shocked then Niall was. Zayn had been crying and that wasn’t what he had expected.

He took Zayn entering the room as his cue to leave and stood up from the bed, walking towards the door and then walking right out of it. Zayn and Niall stared at each other for a few minutes, waiting for something to happen or for someone to talk.

After the few minutes of staring at each other Zayn realized that he should talk to Niall. He should explain what had happened and he should apologize before it was too late to do so.

“I’m sorry, I was just scared,” the dark haired male said, barely audible but Niall heard. He definitely heard and to say he was shocked would be an understatement. He didn’t expect Zayn to come up here and apologize. He didn’t expect Zayn to come up at all so he was surprised, but he was even more surprised now.

When the words sunk in though, he became confused. What would Zayn be scared of? Niall knew he had his own reasons of being scared, but those were reasonable. What did Zayn have to be scared of? It wasn’t as if Niall would ever leave him, he loved him, very much at that.

“What were you scared of?” Niall asked. Zayn walked over to the bed and sat down next to the younger lad, he looked over at him and realized how big of a mistake he had made. He was suddenly very glad about Liam and Louis storming into the kitchen that angry.

He couldn’t think of ever losing Niall and he now realized that what he had done was just plain stupid. Why would he push the blonde away if he didn’t want him to leave, ever? It didn’t make sense and he didn’t understand how it had ever made sense to him. But done is done, and all he could do now was apologize and explain his reasons to Niall.

“I was scared you would leave me. After all I did kidnap you,” He told Niall and Niall shook his head as if he couldn’t believe what he had just heard. He actually couldn’t believe what he had just heard, how could Zayn ever think that he would leave? Hadn’t he made it clear that he wanted to stay? He really thought he had done that.

And then again, Niall didn’t have anywhere else to go. Connor had cheated on him and left him, and he hadn’t had contact with his family for such a long time. Even though he was sure that if they would ever cross paths, they wouldn’t care. Why would they? After all he had left them to be with Connor.

“How could you think I would leave you?” Niall asked slightly hurt, before continuing, not even giving Zayn the time to answer. “I thought I made it very clear Zayn. I don’t want to leave, I don’t want to leave you, and I don’t want to leave the other boys either. Yes, you did indeed kidnap me but Zayn, that has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you, okay? And I’m not planning on leaving.”

The corners of Zayn’s mouth slowly turned into a shy smile and a few tears dripped from his eyes. He hated to be so fragile in front of Niall but he absolutely loved it when Niall wrapped his arms around him and held him close, letting him cry on his shoulder.

“I love you too, you know that right?” he whispered and Niall hummed in response. He knew, he really did. He knew Zayn loved him, he was just scared that he would stop loving him, that was all.

“I know, I know. And I love you very much as well so let’s just get over this and forget everything that happened this morning.”

****

“Do you think they’ve made up yet?” Harry asked, breaking the silence between the three boys. Both of the brown haired lads looked over at the younger boy and shrugged, they didn’t know either.

All three of them hoped that the two upstairs had made up but they weren’t sure if they were going to be okay. Niall looked really broken, but then again, so did Zayn. It was hard for all three of them, first seeing Niall cry and then seeing Zayn cry.

They hadn’t seen Zayn cry in years, he didn’t usually cry. Zayn liked to appear strong, he wasn’t always strong but he did look like he was. It was new for them as well, like ofcourse they had seen Zayn cry before, but they hadn’t in a very long time.

After a few more minutes of silence which all three boys used to think, both Niall and Zayn appeared at the bottom of the stairs. The three brown haired lads looked up and all let out a relieved sigh. Niall and Zayn were holding hands again.

They walked over to the couch, Zayn dragging Niall behind him, having quite some difficulties with it since Niall was trying to hide behind the dark haired boy. “C’mon don’t hide, babe.” Zayn whispered softly, thinking only Niall could hear it  but the others could hear it as well.

Niall kept hiding behind Zayn though, so they slowly made their way over to the couch. As soon as Zayn sat down, he pulled Niall on his lap, who in turn hid his face in the older one’s neck. Zayn chuckled softly while looking down at the adorable boy in his lap.

He honestly couldn’t find a reason as to why he had made him so upset. He could’ve just talked to the Irish lad, but then again that just wasn’t Zayn. He was going to try though. He was going to try on doing that from now on. And he was going to try to be a better boyfriend for Niall.