Chapter 29

He walks the few steps towards Zayn and hugs him, crying into his shirt while mumbling ‘thank you’ over and over again. Zayn just holds him close, rubs his back a bit and kisses the top of his head. Niall doesn’t have to thank him, he had wanted to do that and he’s never been more happy about anything he’s done (except for giving Niall that promise ring ofcourse).

They are interrupted by Maura. “Let’s go inside boys.”

****

Once they walked inside it was still a bit awkward for Zayn. These people didn't even know who he was, although they probably had guessed that he is Niall's boyfriend, he just found it all very awkward

He just decided to follow all of them into the living room. Niall waits for him in front of the couch and pushes him down onto it before sitting in his lap, and cuddling up close to him. Zayn just smiled at Niall and the blonde smiled back, sort if nervous though.

"You don't have to be nervous babe, it's just your family. They love you." Zayn whispers to his boyfriend and he can see both Niall's older brother and his two younger brothers staring at them, mainly him.

"Right so guys, um this is Zayn, he's my boyfriend. But you probably already guessed that." Niall says, and blushes a deep red when his older brother gives him a look.

"We totally didn't guess that." The guy says, and Niall blushes even harder and partly hides his face in Zayn's neck.

"But anyway, it's nice to meet you! I'm Greg, that's James and the other one is Timothy, but you can call him Tim." Greg tells him while pointing over to his younger brothers who just smile. Zayn smiles back and gives a little wave.

"Is that a tattoo?" Someone suddenly asks him and he isn't sure whether he should say yes or just stay quiet, he didn't know their views on tattoos. He would normally just answer with a yes and not give a single shit about what the person would think, but these are Niall’s parents we are talking about.

"Yes, he has some more! They're lovely! Look here," Niall says turning towards Zayn and pulling up his shirt just a little bit so you can see the N.J.H. tattoo he had gotten not too long ago.

"My initials, isn't that cute?" Niall asks, smiling at Zayn and then at his family. They smile back at him and say that it is indeed very cute.

****

It's in the middle of dinner when Zayn catches Greg staring at Niall's ring, and Zayn's nervous all over again. "Niall! And Zayn, can I talk to you?" Greg's hard voice booms through the room.

Niall starts shaking when he hears his brother's hard, cold voice and immediately shuffles closer to Zayn. Zayn doesn’t like the look in Niall’s eyes, he hopes that Greg won’t be too hard on him. He can already see how scared the blond is.

Zayn takes his hand and they follow Greg out into the hallway. Zayn notices the tiny tears leaving Niall's eyes and turn him towards him as soon as they reach their destination. "Shh, it's alright love, you don't need to worry." Zayn tells his boyfriend pulling him closer towards him and wiping away the tears. Niall smiles up at him and wipes away the remaining tears before turning towards his brother again.

"What's this?" Greg asks pulling Niall's hand towards him pretty roughly, Niall lets out a squeak and if he wasn't a bit scared already, he would be now, for sure. He has never been scared of his own brother before, but now, his older brother is really scaring him to no end.

Zayn pulls Niall back into his chest, wraps his arms around him protectively and sends Greg a glare. Zayn knows that this is not the way to make a good impression but Greg was hurting his boyfriend, and he promised himself that he wouldn't let anyone hurt him ever again.

"Niall, I asked you something!" Greg says and Niall wraps his arms around his boyfriend again, Zayn can feel him shaking. He knows that Niall is scared because this is the exact way the Conor would act before giving him a beating.

"Could you please calm down and talk to him in a normal way? Can't you see he's scared?" Zayn asks him, he doesn't want to yell at Greg but he really doesn’t like the way that he is treating his boyfriend. As his brother he should be able to that Niall is scared as shit at the moment.

Greg lets out a frustrated sigh and sits down on the couch just around the corner. “I’m sorry.” He mumbles when the other two boys join him on the couch. Zayn just nods at him and Niall tries to give his older brother a smile but he fails and it comes out miserably.

“I just want to know what that ring is Niall, you’re too young to be engaged.” Greg tells his younger brother and Niall sort of lets out a laugh, it isn’t really a laugh of happiness though, because he’s frustrated with his older brother.

“It’s not an engagement ring Greg, and even if it was, you don’t know shit about my life. I’m not too young to be engaged, yes it would be early but I love Zayn and I know that he loves me too. But no we’re not engaged yet.” Niall is frustrated, his brother should be happy for him, can’t he see that Niall and Zayn love each other?

“Okay, well I’m glad it’s not an engagement ring. But if it isn’t an engagement ring then what is it?” He asks and Zayn tells him that it’s a promise ring.

They end the discussion right there and walk back into the dining room to finish their meal.

*****

Had a busy week and all that, had this chapter done about 4 days ago, but it didn't upload and I left my laptop at home when I went away to the sea for the weekend, sorry guys!

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE GUYS!