Chapter 36

qotd : Who's your favorite person in this story?

55+ votes and 10+ comments

****

"James? Baby what's wrong?" Niall didn't know what to do, his little brother wouldn't stop crying and it seemed as if he was going towards a panic attack and Niall wanted to do everything he could to prevent that from happening.

"Shhh, it's alright, calm down, shhh." Music filled James's ears right after Niall stopped talking, he knew playlist by heart. It was the playlist that him and Niall put together when Niall would have panic attacks at least once a day.

James's breathing slowly started to slow down and his eyes were falling shut. Niall couldn't blame him, panic attacks were really tiring and he never could keep his eyes open either after one.

Niall carried his brother to the bed and tucked him in with his blankets before walking down the stairs to find Harry, he told him he'd kill him if he'd hurt his brother and he obviously hurt James.

"Harry Fucking Styles, where the fuck are you!" Niall didn't want to raise his voice to much because he didn't want to wake James up.

He found Harry sitting in the living room watching tv as if nothing had happened. And really, he couldn't help it when he slapped Harry across the face, hard.

"Niall, what the fuck are you doing?" Liam was the first person to get to him but the damage was already done, the nasty bruise that was starting to form on Harry's face being the evidence.

Zayn came rushing into the room after hearing Liam yell his boyfriend's name. "What's going on?" Zayn's voice echoed of the walls and Niall immediately shot him a glare, James was sleeping upstairs.

"Be quiet, James just fell asleep!" Niall snapped at everyone that was trying to make a sound at the moment, he was raging, how could Harry hurt his little brother? He knew it wasn't a good idea to let James go on a date with him.

"Babe, calm down. what's wrong with you? Why did you hit Harry?" Zayn felt like he had missed something big and by the looks on the boys their faces they felt the same way.

"He hurt him, he fucking deserves it. I warned him, told him I'd kill him if he'd dare hurt my brother but he still does it. I knew I shouldn't have let you go out with him." Zayn was clueless as to what he should do, he had never seen Niall angry. Niall was always this sweet, cutie blonde guy that was always giggling and never angry.

But now Niall was raging and the boys didn't know what to do about it. Suddenly Niall was wrapped in two strong arms that belonged to none other than James. The younger boy wrapped his brother up in a hug and started to slowly hum in his ear.

The two siblings stood like that for a while, arms wrapped around each other and faces buried in each other's neck, with James softly humming tunes that none of the other boys recognized.

The boys were all very confused because there was definitely something going on here. Niall wasn't just angry, that was obviously, it was something more seriously. Maybe Niall had an illness or something like that.

"Are you okay again now?" James mumbled into Niall's skin, and Niall gave a little nod while letting out a yawn. "Let's get you to bed for a bit yeah?" Niall nodded once again and before any of the guys could object James took his brother's hand and lead him up the stairs towards his room.

****

Zayn walked back into the room, after talking to James, to see all of the boys staring at him. "So, what did he say?"

"James said that it had happened before but that it doesn't happen frequently. When he gets really angry he just sort of gets a attack, like a panic attack but than like not with panic but anger. And he told me that Niall was just basically always tired after attacks and also that it runs in the family because Niall, James and Timothy all have the panic attacks and Greg also had these sort of like anger attacks and there's just nothing they can do about it."

It was silent for a while, all of them just trying to take in the information that was just told them. "But why did he get angry at me? I don't understand it." Harry was so confused, what had he done to make Niall so upset? What was Niall talking about when he said 'he hurt him'.

"I'm not sure what happened exactly but you forced James to do something he didn't want to do." This didn't clear things up at all, how had he even forced James to do anything? He hadn't spend any alone time with the boy.

"But how? Like I haven't even spend time alone with him, how could I hurt him?" The guys exchanged glances with each other, Harry hadn't done anything like this in a long time.

"Yes you did, you went on a date with him this afternoon Harry. Have you been taking your medication Harry?" Liam asked carefully, he didn't want to upset the boy but this wasn't normal and this should not be happening.

"I didn't go on a date with anyone today! I have slept all morning, what are you talking about!? And of course I've been taking my medication I'm not an idiot." Maybe his dose just wasn't high enough anymore because if he had to listen to what James told him Harry's other side had definitely showed up this afternoon.

"Harry, calm down. Maybe we should get you checked up because from what James told me Edward definitely came out." Zayn could just see Harry's defense crumbling down by the second. His other side hadn't come out in just over half a year and he was doing so well, it was really difficult to say what trigged the reappearance from Edward.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He cried out before rushing up the stairs. Harry knew what he had to do and he knew it wouldn't be easy because he didn't like talking about his 'situation'.

Harry burst through the door still repeating the I'm sorry's. As soon as Niall - who had woke up only seconds ago - sensed his presence he pulled James into his arms, shielding him from Harry.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what I did but I'm sorry and this hasn't happened in so long and I didn't mean it, I promise!" He cried out, desperately looking from Niall's face to James's.

"I don't remember any of it but I'm so sorry and it hasn't happened in so long and I'm not sure what trigged it but I just... Shit you probably don't understand a thing of what I'm saying." James and Niall were looking at Harry as if he had lost his mind, he kept on rambling and rambling and neither of the brothers understood what he was talking about.

"Right, I'm ill and there's this other side of me, Edward, and he comes out sometimes and he's horrible and I can't control when he comes out and I'm so sorry. But I take medication for it and it really helped so it hasn't happened in half a year and I'm just so sorry." Harry cries out and James just can't continue to watch the boy torture himself.

He slowly stands up from Niall embrace and Niall lets him go without a struggle. As soon as James reaches Harry he wraps him up in a hug, "It's okay, calm down, it's fine".

Niall decides to slowly creep out of the room to give the two some privacy.

****

55+ votes and 10+ comments