Chapter 41

qotd : what country do you live in? I live in Holland.

****

// This is for anybody going through tough times. Believe me, been there, done that. But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that. //

****

Niall had never, ever, ever expected something like this from Louis. This only proved how much can be hidden behind a smile, once again.

"Louis, why are you doing this. I've been there before and this doesn't help at all, it only makes it worse. What made you think that this was the only way to feel better?" Louis didn't know what to say, it had been his own choice to talk to Niall about it but he was already regretting it.

He wasn't regretting it because he thought Niall would tell anyone, he was regretting it because he didn't want to talk about this anymore. He was well aware that Niall wasn't going to let this go until he figured it out right until the bottom.

"I love him so much Niall, and he doesn't even see it. I've been trying so hard to make it obvious without literally telling him. He always said that he was straight and now he's gay but he's already interested in someone else." Louis hadn't meant to tell Niall all of that but he couldn't stop himself once he had started.

He hadn't been able to stop the words from coming out of his mouth in the exact same way he wasn't able to stop the tears that were now falling at an fast pace. Niall didn't know what to do besides pulling Louis into a hug.

"It's okay, shh it's fine I know now and you can always come talk to me." Niall wasn't sure who Louis was talking about but it didn't really matter either, as long as Louis would understand the next few words it'd be fine. "I know now and I want you to know that there won't ever be a time that you cannot come to me yeah. When you feel like cutting again please just come to me and we'll do something to distract you yeah?"

"I'm glad I came to you Niall!" Louis was trying so hard to smile through the tears and Niall was glad that he was at least trying.

"So Louis, tell me about this guy you know." Niall smiled, knowing that yes Louis' tears were caused by him, but he would probably love to talk about the guy just like every other person with a crush - or a bit more in Louis his case -.

"I think I'm just flat out going to tell you, because I know that you know the guy so it might be better if I just tell you." He took a deep breath to prepare himself before continuing. "It's Harry, and I've like, loved, him for ages but he always said that he was straight and now that he is gay he's already all over James."

And the tears were back again.

"Lou, it's fine I can just talk to James and have him back off. James doesn't really like him yet anyways." It didn't seem like Louis was going to take that as an answer, he didn't want to ruin James his chance at happiness just because he was too scared to admit that he liked Harry.

"No, no don't do that, I'll figure something out."

****

It was two days later, at four at night, that Louis came into Niall's - and Zayn's of course - room. After all Niall had said to come to him whenever he felt the urge to cut again. He really felt the urge right now.

"Niall, Niall wake up!" Unfortunately Niall wasn't the one that had woken up, it was Zayn.

"Louis, what the hell are you doing here?" He groaned out, why was his mate standing in his room at four in the morning calling out his boyfriend's name?

"Please, just wake Niall up." Zayn really wanted to press the matter a bit longer but he could hear the desperation in Louis' voice and decided to just wake his boyfriend up.

"Niall, babe, wake up." Niall groaned and closed his eyes again so he could fall back asleep until he noticed Louis next to him. "Please, I need you."

Niall didn't hesitate a second before jumping out of bed, pulling on a pair of sweatpants and dragging Louis out of the room. That was the moment that Louis realized that he really had chosen the right person to come to with his problems.