Chapter 40

qotd : favorite clothing item? (Mine are definitely my leather + denim jackets and my Brandy Melville top 'cause Brandy Melville is life.)

****

// There's a way to have your dreams without falling asleep //

****

"So Louis, I have a feeling that maybe you should go see someone?" Louis looked at him as if he had gone nuts, but Liam definitely wouldn't change his mind about this. "I'm not trying to say that you have issues or something, it's just that you've been acting a bit weird lately and I thought that maybe talking about it with a qualified psychologist would help."

"I know that you're just trying to look out for me, but I really don't feel like I need help. If I feel like there is really something wrong I will tell you and we will go see someone for it, promise." The words did make Liam a bit less stressed but he couldn't just not be worrying about Louis.

"Okay, promise me though that you will tell me!" Louis nods and gives the brown eyes lad a grin before skipping off.

****

"Have you noticed anything strange about Louis lately?" Liam knew he shouldn't start questioning other people when Louis had just told him that he was fine but he had to make sure that he wasn't just making things up - his mind liked to do that sometimes, a lot of times -.

"Well he had been acting a bit weird, I'm not sure how to explain it. He has definitely been quieter than normally, and sort of more dependent on what we say or tell him to do? Like I really don't know how to explain." Liam let out a deep sigh of relief, he wasn't the only one that had noticed how weird Louis had been acting lately.

"I had noticed that something wasn't right we he came into my room at night, crying and I was just making sure that I was not the only one who had noticed." Harry's face had become full of worry and Liam really didn't want anyone having trouble sleeping because Louis was acting weird, so he continued. "I've just talked to him though, told him that we'll always be there if there's anything he needs to get off his chest and he promised me that if something was seriously wrong he would go with me to seek for professional help."

This made the most of Harry's worry disappear, he knew that if Louis promised something he'd definitely keep his word and do as promised.

****

Louis took his chance when Liam, Zayn and James went out to do the groceries - he never went with then because that would only cause a huge disaster-. He'd been waiting to get Niall alone for a while now and this was his chance.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Niall just about jumped out of his skin when he heard Louis his voice, he had been so focused on his laptop that he hadn't even heard the older boy coming in. He gave him the okay though, because if Louis wanted to talk to him why would he say no?

"You have to promise me that you wont ever talk about this with anyone, not even Zayn. Unless things get really bad and you feel like it's the only thing you can do or when I give you the okay to talk about this to anyone. Neither of those two will happen anytime soon so don't count on telling this to anyone." What was Louis even going on about? He was just rambling about telling Niall something but he wasn't allowed to say anything about it.

Louis was so confusing at times, times like these were the worst. "What are you going on about Louis? I promise you to not talk about this with anyone." Niall did intend to keep that promise.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."

There was no way he was going to be able to break that promise now, he had just pinky promised Louis that he wouldn't tell anyone. There was no way out anymore.

"So what is this about?" Louis had always seemed like the extremely happy, quirky and sassy person to Niall but the Louis that was standing in front of him looked nothing like that.

"I know that it might be a bit strange that I'm coming to you with this, and I know we haven't really talked or bonded, but I feel like you would understand better than the other boys."

He took a deep breath before continuing. "I know that I can always, literally always talk to the other boys and I know that I can trust them with just about anything as well but I feel like you'd understand. I have no idea if you went through this but I just, don't laugh at me or yell at me yeah? I'm trusting you here, okay?"

Niall looked dumbfounded he had never expected to be chosen over the other boys with something that was obviously a very serious matter.

"What is it that you think I'd understand?" Louis wasn't sure how to answer that question, so he dis the only thing he could think of.

He pulled up his sleeves.