Chapter 3

"He looks pretty while sleeping," one of the voices said, Niall wasn't sure yet which voice belonged to who so he kept still, wanting to hear more of the conversation.

"Excuse me?!" Ah, now Niall understood who was talking, it was Louis and that Harry guy. "You're obviously prettier, you know that baby." Niall mentally vomited.

"God, just stop being so damn cheesy" Zayn said as if he had read Niall's thoughts. 

"Oh shut up Zayn. You were practically eye-raping him two days ago when he was half naked". Niall couldn't see Louis' face while talking, but he was sure that he had a smirk stuck on his face.

"I was not. I was making sure he did the job he was supposed to do" Zayn defended, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. "I think I know what his next job will be then, and I'm sure you'll be around to see if he does a good job at that too." Harry laughed, the rest of the boys all joining in. 

"Why don't you guys go suck each other off yeah?" Niall suddenly said as he sat up in bed. "I'm not some kind of sex toy if that's what you guys think".

"You are if we want you to be." The boys laughed again. "And if you don't believe me... maybe I should show you?" Zayn smirked as he climbed on top of Niall and straddled his already half naked body.

Niall was somewhat confused. It was almost like there were two kinds of Zayn. The one who was nice to him, and gave him food and a bed to sleep in. And the pervert who kept trying to touch him, even though Niall clearly didn't want him to. It also seemed like this side mostly came out around other people. 

And to be fair, it wasn't like Zayn's ugly, he's clearly a good looking guy and all that. But he's also still a kidnapper, and there was no way Niall was going to sleep with his kidnapper. Especially when he still had a boyfriend at home. 

"Ugh no," Niall said and pushed him off. As long as they didn't have a knife, he didn't have to be afraid. "You're not the one to make the rules baby. We are... or even better, I am." Zayn smirked as he slowly got up from the bed.

"Anyway, we were thinking you maybe wanted to speak to your boyfriend. Does that sound good?" Liam asked gently and Niall immediately nodded in return. Liam didn't seem like much of a bad guy, and Niall wondered how someone as gentle and kind as Liam had got roped into kidnapping strangers. 

Zayn mentally hit Liam. He didn't want Niall anywhere near his boyfriend. He wanted Niall all to himself. He knew Niall wasn't his, but he didn't want anyone except himself near him.

"What do we get in return? Do I get a strip show?" Zayn joked. "Sure, as long as you keep your hands and eyes away from my ass, crotch or maybe.. everything" Niall said plainly. They didn't seriously expect him to give a lap dance right? He'd rather not get to call Connor if that was the case. 

"Don't you dare think you can talk to me that way. You know what, if you don't shut the fuck up-" Zayn started but abruptly cut himself off, leaving everyone in silence, not sure what they had done to make Zayn angry but knowing better than to question it. "Just give him the damn phone. But don't let him be alone." Zayn said and shut the door after him with a loud bang. The boys on the inside winced. 

"Louis, Harry, you guys watch him." Liam said and then left to find Zayn.

"Well then, what are you waiting for?" Louis said as he handed the phone to Niall. "Leave it on speaker." He added and Niall nodded before dialling Connor's number, one he knew by heart. It only took a few seconds before the call was answered. 

"Hello? Connor?" Niall was excited to finally get the chance to talk to his boyfriend, he missed him and hoped to get the chance to ask him when he was finally getting Niall out of here. 

"Uhm, who is this?" A voice on the other line asked, a voice that definitely belonged to a guy, but not to Connor. "What do you mean who's this? Where is Connor?" Niall raised his voice, starting to panic, while Harry and Louis silently watched on. 

"Who is it baby? Come back to bed. I want you". Niall felt tears build up in his eyes, that voice definitely belonged to Connor. 

"Connor?" Niall asked again, hoping that maybe Connor would hear him and explain what was happening right now. "Connor please answer!"

"Ehm, I gotta go. Call back later or something." The guy on the other line said before he hung up.

Niall stared at the phone blankly. "He doesn't even care. I mean nothing to him." He cried. "While I'm stuck here with you fucking idiots, my so called boyfriend is going around fucking other people!" Niall wasn't sure what to think, Connor would never cheat on him right? But then again who was that guy on the phone?

Louis and Harry felt unsure of what to do in the situation, so they did the one thing that meant they wouldn't have to deal with it.

They left.

*

"Zayn what even was that?" Liam asked, voice raised and clearly angry. "What?" Zayn yelled back, even louder than Liam, and maybe even louder than he himself had intended. 

"What is going on with you mate? One second you're all nice to him, giving him food and a room to sleep in and the next you're all fucked up, yelling at him for no reason. What's happening?"

"I don't know! I don't know okay, Liam!" Zayn whispered, "I don't understand what's happening okay, I'm not supposed to feel anything towards the people I kidnap. I kidnap and torture people when they don't do what I want. There are no feelings involved in that."

Liam looked slightly shocked and almost unsure as to what to say. "What do you mean?" "He makes me feel weird inside.. I don't like it!" Zayn explained quickly.

"You like him" Liam said plainly. Even though Niall had only been around for three days it was clear that Zayn had started to like the younger boy in some kind of way. "What?" Zayn asked. He had never had these kind of "feelings" for anyone before. Hell, he didn't even know he had feelings.

"How does he make you feel exactly?"

"I told you, he makes me feel weird inside" Zayn said, feeling confused. Liam sighed in reply and looked almost annoyed, Zayn wasn't sure what he could possibly be annoyed about, but let him go on.

"This is not good," was all Liam said before he heard a loud scream coming from upstairs.

"Shit"

---

originally written / published : june 2013