Chapter 59

"I just want to thank you all for coming, it means a lot to both of us to have the support of the most important people in our lives. We would like to ask you to move out to the backyard where the cake will be served while Niall and I open the presents." Zayn told everyone and they smiled before doing what they were asked.

James had hired someone to cut the cake and serve it to everyone while the two soon to be fathers opened the presents so no one had to worry about cutting and serving cake and of course the cleaning that had to be done afterwards.

"Wow, this is so great. Look at this Zayn!" Niall said, pulling his boyfriend down to look at the picture on the box of the double stroller Ed had gifted them. "We can use it for when they're newborns but also for when they're a bit older and they can sit up already. This is so nice, thank you!" Niall and Zayn both leaned over to hug the ginger, him smiling and waving them off saying that it wasn't a big deal.

They next got a changing bag with a mat attached to it, so when they would roll it out the bag would be on either side and the changing mat in the middle. The bag was a beautiful brown color with green accents and even though Niall loved the stroller he would have to admit that this was probably going to be his favorite things as well.

After getting tons of baby bottles, diapers, little clothes, some stuffed animals and bathing products the two boys were finally done with unwrapping everything. They thanked everyone for their presents and announced that dinner would be served soon. The unwrapping had taken ages, like Zayn had expected and they knew that people would start getting hungry since it was close to five o'clock so they had ordered food for everyone.

Niall was amazed with the amound of stuff they had gotten, but he realized that they were probably going to need all of it seeing as it were two babies, and all babies really did in the beginning was poop and sleep. They had gotten some cute dummies for the babies from James, one said daddy's boy and the other one said baba's boy.

The two boys had discussed what titles they were going to use once the babies were born but they weren't sure yet. They had talked about Zayn being daddy and Niall being dada, but Zayn had also for some reason really liked the idea of Niall being called mommy, since he basically was the babies their mommy.

Niall wasn't sure yet on what to think of the whole mommy thing, one part of him thought that it was definitely cute but the other part thought that it was just plain strange since he was obviously a boy and not a girl. Him being named mommy would probably be easier though when the babies just started talking since babies usually can't perfectly pronounce daddy immediately and with Niall being named mommy they would at least know who was being called.

"You alright babe?" Zayn had noticed that Niall had been spacing out a lot the past few weeks and he really hoped that everything was alright. Zayn and Niall hadn't really talked about the incident that had happened a while back. Zayn knew that it probably too late to bring it up now but he did still want to discuss it, not today though since Niall was being really happy with the baby shower and all the gifts that they had gotten.

~~~

"Zayn, we've got to leave, something happened." Liam told the dark skinned boy in a rush, they were in the middle of dinner when Liam had gotten a text saying that one of their delivery boys had been shot that afternoon. Zayn didn't know what to do, he didn't want to leave Niall alone when it was supposed to be their baby shower but he knew that he had to go.

"Niall love, something came up, I'm really sorry but me and the guys have got to go. I'll be back in an hour max yeah? You can finish dinner and just continue the baby shower with James. I'm really sorry." Zayn quickly kissed his boyfriend's cheek before the four boys were out of the door and on there way to see what exactly had happened.

Everyone continued as if nothing had happened but both Niall and James weren't able to eat anymore. Niall was worried sick about Zayn, what if something happened to him? He'd have to go through the rest of his pregnancy alone and he'd have to raise their babies without their second dad.

James on the other hand was worried about Harry, he was of course worried about Zayn as well because he wouldn't want Niall to go through that, but Harry was his priority right now. James and Harry weren't really in a relationship but they had gone out on a few dates in the past few weeks.

James wasn't sure what his feelings towards the older boy were, he really liked Harry but he wasn't blind so he clearly saw the way that Louis looked at the curly haired lad. James hadn't made up his mind about the question wether he should choose him own happiness or Louis' happines just yet.

~~~

It was around eleven at night, all the guests long gone, when the boys returned. Niall and James immediately shot up from the couch, cheking them all on injures. Both Liam and Zayn had bruised knuckles, Liam still having some blood on them and Louis seemed to have a nasty bruise on his stomach but apart from that they were all fine.

"What happened?" Niall questioned, the boys knew they couldn't reveal too much. They didn't want the two youngest ones knowing to much, if they ever got caught they could say that they didn't know anything without it being a lie.

"Someone tried to steal our drugs, so one of our runners got shot but we handeld it." Zayn told them and Niall didn't know what to think, he knew that Zayn had probably killed someone before but he really didn't want to think about the fact that the father of his children was a murderer. He hoped that everyone had stayed alive tonight and that none of the boys left anything behind.

"We didn't mean to worry you guys. We have been talking about what we should do about this for a while now." Louis told the two brothers, the guys had really been discussing what they should do since they all knew that they couldn't continue like this when there were babies involved.

"We have been talking about passing the business down." Liam started. "There are two boys that we know would love to take over our business and we know that we can trust them, we just have to get them completely ready for it and then we can step out of this live." Niall wasn't sure what to think, sure that sounded better then them still being in the business, but what would happen if they ever needed money?

"There's a lot of money in our saving accounts so we are good for a while but they will be passing up 5%, which may not sound like a lot but it's definitely enough to continue the way we're living now. And if we ever need money we will just have to go and search for a job yeah?" Zayn knew that there was no other way, he'd have to stop this life because this was not something he'd want his children involved in.

"Alright. We'll talk some more tomorrow yeah? I really just want to sleep right now." Everyone agreed and Zayn carried Niall upstairs, the boy's ankles being too swollen to do anymore walking.

15+ comments!

qotd : what kind of job do you think Zayn will get if they ever run out of money?