Chapter 49

need some more comments on this chapter guys! barely got any on the last one 😔

"Alright guys, so what colors are we thinking?" Liam asked as soon as Niall and Zayn were out of earshot. All of the boys seemed deep in tought, trying to think of baby colors could be used for both boys and girls.

"So I was thinking blue and purple? Like not these super bright and popping colors but a light shade of purple and blue, because honestly I don't think purple is necesarilly for girls and I don't think blue, especially a lighter shade, is necesarilly for boys." James said and the guys nodded their head along to the idea, because James was right, these colors could easily be used for both genders.

"Yeah I think those are pretty great colors. What do you need for a playroom though?" Harry asked, he obviously knew the basics but since they didn't know the genders yet they couldn't really buy a lot of things.

"Well we obviously need playpens, as well as some boxes to put away their toys, some stuffed animals, a changing table, a small closet to put all the changing stuff in and maybe have like an extra pair of clothing or something like that." Liam and James kept completing each other's sentences, making a list of all the things that would need to be in the playroom.

They knew that some of it might be unnecesairy like clothing and a changing table since the baby room would be right next door, but if one of the babies would be asleep for an example and the other one needed a change, an extra changing table would be nice.

"Okay, so I guess we should go with white furniture? I heard Niall saying that he was going to buy white cribs so I'm thinking they'd like white, and that's a pretty neutral color so you can just pair it with everything really." Louis said, still bouncing around, he was so excited to have these two small babies actually here. He knew Niall was only around 5 weeks along right now and it would still take a lot of time for the babies to actually be here, but that couldn't ruin his happiness.

****

"How can I help you guys?" The girl looked a bit confused, seeing four guys walk into a babystore, but she asked if she could help with anything anyways.

"Yeah, umm we basically just need everything for a playroom? Our friends are expecting twins so we need two of everything as well, we don't know the genders yet so no toys but just everything else really." Harry explained and the girl nodded.

"Alright, here's a phone, you just fill all your information in and then you can walk around the store. Once you find something you like you can scan the pricetag with the barcode and it will be added to your list." She explained and the boys nodded happily, already on their way to find everything they thought they would need.

"Do you think they'd like a rockingchair for in the playroom? I know Niall really wants one in the baby room but do you think it'd be nice to have one in the play room as well?" James wondered, he wasn't sure if that was a good idea.

"I think it'd be a nice idea, he would probably like that." Liam confirmed, he knew Niall would probably get Zayn to sit in the rockingchair as well, knowing that Zayn would do literally everything that Niall asked him, especially now that the boy was carrying his children.

"So, let's start with paint."

****

Four hours later the boys met up again, they were all extremely exhausted but had actually found just about everything at the store they had first went to.

"Did you find everything you were looking for?" James asked his brother when they started to walk back to Zayn's car. Niall looked exhausted and even though he was only a month into his pregnancy, James could see it was already taking a toll on his body.

"Oh my god James, we found so many cute things and I'm so excited for the babies to be here now!" Niall grinned and James couldn't help but grin back, happy to see that his brother was so excited about this.

"We have to go back a few times though because we only got the basic things right now, paint, closet, changing table, cribs and all those things. So we still need blankets and just things to really decorate the room with but yeah, we've already got loads of stuff." Zayn turned around to give the blonde a smile before continuing to walk, happy to hear him rambling about the cute little things that they had bought for their babies.

"So our stuff is getting delivered around 6 tonight so I need you guys to stay in your room while we carry everything upstairs." Zayn told the boys and they agreed, knowing that Zayn, but mainly Niall, really wanted everything to be a surprise for them.

"Alright, our stuff is getting delivered at 8 so as long as your done by then we'll be fine." Liam answered.

****

"Zaynie, I have to tell my parents that I'm pregnant!" Niall suddenly blurted out, he had totally forgotten about telling his parents and older brothers about his pregnancy.

"That's fine, how about I call them and say they have to come down the day after tomorrow because we have some news for them?" Zayn proposed and Niall nodded along to the idea.

They could go shopping for their room tomorrow and make a start on painting the baby room, and then the day after tomorrow his parents and brothers could come down to London and stay for the weekend. They had four guests rooms on the first floor of their house anyways so his family really wouldn't be a bother.