Peace and Oblivion

Meanwhile, on Reiko's Earth.

At an undetermined point in time before the current events on the Avatar Earth.

Reiko stood facing a window overlook while her lips twitched in a distasteful thin line.

She gazed out of the corner of her blue eye at the young man lounging in a chair behind her.

"I do want to thank you for granting me an audience. It really is a pleasure to meet you." Felix remarked in a casual voice as he used a knife to pry open a bottle of wine while Reiko coldly stared at him from over her shoulder.

"I suggest you choose your words carefully, Mr. Turner. Given your detestable offenses I have every legal right to have you killed." Reiko spoke in a dignified voice with her gloved hands resting over her shoulders as she glared back at the man's seemingly amused face.

"I take it that you've already met my sister." Felix commented in a dismissive voice as he popped the cork of the wine bottle.

As he smiled back at the emperor's pale scowling face.

"As a matter of fact, I have." Reiko replied with her icy eyes watching as wine poured into the glass.

"I have no doubt that she has told you stories...about me. But I assure you they aren't true. She has a tendency to exaggerate." Felix sighed with a feigned shake of his head while Reiko still stood with her back turned to him.

"Your sister tells a different story...one that is corroborated by that stab wound on your neck." Reiko stated in an unconvinced voice while her blue eyes lingered on the young man's bandaged neck.

"Oh that. That was just a small scuffle." Felix answered with a wave of his hand while the older woman rose her brows in a questioning manner.

"She claims that she stabbed you in retaliation for attempting sexual assault upon her person." Reiko retorted in a tone of expert calmness while she turned to gaze back at the man's remorseless face.

"My sister loves me, Emperor Reiko. I am her sole surviving kin, and without me she would live a life of famine." Felix declared with an unrepentant countenance while he sat back gazing at Reiko's skillfully emotionless face.

"It would seem that her circumstances have changed. From what I heard she has recently gained the favor of quite the wealthy foreign woman." Reiko responded with her fingertips resting over her sleeved biceps while she gazed back at the young man's intrigued face.

And instead of appearing angered like one might expect.

Felix instead seemed almost entertained over the news.

"Really? Would it be you by any chance?" Felix questioned with a lecherous grin while the older woman's expression remained entrenched in a practiced demeanor.

Only for Reiko to stare back with her blue eyes nearly showing faint annoyance while the young man reclined in his chair.

Before Felix then burst into obnoxious laughter while Reiko's face remained in an apathetic thin line.

"I was just kidding. Pardon my morbid sense of humor." Felix chuckled with his glasses shaking over the bridge of his nose while Reiko's face now adorned a cold smile.

"No, a princess by the name of Azula." Reiko informed in a courtly voice with her blue eyes turning to gaze out the window once more.

She stared on with a calculating look in her eyes as she grasped at her uniformed sleeves with her gloved hands.

While Felix's amber eyes shone with a fascinated gleam.

"Azula." Felix repeated as he leaned back with a twisted expression growing upon his lips while he clutched at his knife.