Below

Team Azula's shouts rang into the air as they rolled to a stop in a damp cavern panting for air.

The two noblewomen rasped with sweat on their brows as they frantically gazed down at their unconscious little sister.

Only for the two of them to sigh in relief when they saw that the handmaiden was unharmed.

Just as Azula dropped to the ground with her dark hair sticking to her face.

Nako sat on her knees with a hand over her chest as she breathed heavily while her fearful brown eyes glanced around the darkened cavern.

Just as blue fire lit up the large cavern.

"Damn that wretched freak! I am going to kill her slowly!" Azula snarled as she swatted her hair from her furious amber golden eyes while she glanced about the cavern.

"Thank you, Princess." Nako breathed as she sat up beside Azula while she gazed at the princess with a small smile.

To which she simply received a curt nod while the princess's amber golden eyes swept about.

Just before her cold gaze landed on her prone handmaid with her lips pursed into a regal scowl.

And even though she wouldn't say it out loud.

She couldn't help but breath quietly in relief to know that her young girlfriend was unharmed.

'Why hasn't Elle woken up yet! Did the puppeteer interrupt the ritual by attacking the sage? Or is it something else?' Azula thought with her callous eyes staring at her serving girl's sleeping face while her childhood friends fretfully gazed around the cavern.

Just as they spun around to watch Saro drop onto the cavern floor with a light stream of blood dripping down his cheek.

As he took a heavy breath while the princess called out to him.

"Saro! Where is Zoi, and her peasant?" Azula questioned sternly as she with her katana in hand as she stood up while the man turned to face her.

"We got separated in the fall!" Saro stated in a rushed voice as quickly stood up while they gazed warily around the now dimly lit cavern.

In an upper cavern Zoi dropped through the bursting earth with her line swinging high above her while Jiao held onto her neck.

Just as the sound of another round of explosions rocketed off below that prompted Team Azula to gaze up in returning alarm.

Boom!

The cavern shook with a distant tremor while the captain soared through the air with her focused golden eyes gazing behind her.

As a slew of armed puppets chased after her with astonishing precision.

With their mouths open as they released another flurry of bombs as Zoi rapidly swung out of the blast radius.

'How do these things move with such dexterity? She's controlling them somehow...but how?' Zoi thought with her fire illuminating the tunnel just as her companion shouted in fright.

"Zoi! Up above!" Jiao called out with her blue eyes gazing above them in fear as another slew of puppets leaped down at them from overhead.

Just as the mighty warrior propelled herself forward with her golden eyes taking on a colder tint while the horde surrounded her on all angles.

Only for her heavy combat boots to suddenly rebound off a rock wall as she backflipped with her partner crying out in alarm.

And then not even a second later the firebender blocked the swing of a puppet's blade with her unsheathed katana.