Lessons in Combat

Around four hours later in the training room aboard the royal sloop.

Elle released a cry of surprise while backing away in combat robes with a wooden stick in hand.

While just barely avoiding the swing of her girlfriend's own training sword.

Only to gulp meekly when Azula's authoritative voice resonated into the air.

Zoi watched from the sidelines with a bored look in her golden eyes.

"That was pathetic, Elle! If I was really trying to kill you would have died to that strike!" Azula lectured in a strict voice with a deep scowl on her lips while her serving girl hastily bowed at the hip.

"Sumimasen, Azula-sama!" Elle exclaimed with a nervous swallow while she bent her head in reverence only to hear her mistress sigh fondly.

"You're going to have to do better than that if you want to survive on the battlefield. Again!" Azula called out in a commanding voice while she stared hard at her gulping servant girl.

"Yes, Princess!" Elle answered in a loyal voice with her training stick in hand while she forced down her apprehension.

Only for her amber eyes to widen in fright when the powerful woman sprinted forward with speed that she couldn't follow.

And then...

Elle shook as she slid back with her stick in hand while a loud clanging noise echoed throughout the training room.

"Stop slouching!" Azula barked with a snarl while she loomed over her timid girlfriend as Elle quivered under her domineering gaze.

"I-I'm trying, Azula-sama..." Elle squeaked as she craned her neck to meet her princess's demanding gaze.

"Well try harder!" Azula growled with a hand on her curvaceous hip while she delighted in how the young girl shook in her shadow.

"You can't expect a girl who has never faced the battlefield to learn in two hours. It is going to take time." Zoi advised in a stoic voice as she walked up behind the two while Azula turned to cast her a lazy glare.

"I am well aware of that, Zoi." Azula replied in a frigid voice only for her cold amber golden eyes to take notice that her companion was panting slightly.

"J-just a moment." Elle stated as she regained her breath while Azula rolled her eyes down at her.

"Just go take your stupid breather, peasant!" Azula ordered with a pompous wave of her hand while the younger girl smiled up at her.

Just before turning to scurry over to go get her medicine from her backpack.

"I'll be there in just a second." Elle chirped in a bashful voice while fishing for her medicine in her backpack as the princess regarded her coldly.

"Go sit down and take a short break." Azula commanded in a stern voice with her arms folded over her breasts while her serving girl smiled gratefully back at her.

"A-arigatou gozaimasu, Azula-sama." Elle responded in a mousy voice before she padded over to a bench with her backpack in hand.

Before she took a seat as she took several puffs from her inhaler while the princess stared back at her with possessive amber golden eyes.

Only for Azula to turn her head when she heard the sound of an item being removed from the weapons rack.

"Perhaps in the meantime I can interest you in a real battle." Zoi spoke while striding forward with spear in hand while her princess turned to regard her with a smug smirk.