The Strings of the Puppeteer

The sounds of explosions of fire continued to sound off underground while the young assassin watched from where she stood on her tree branch.

Just as the ground let out a thunderous rumble while Naoki gazed down with stony brown eyes.

'I don't care what happens to those aristocrats. But I need Elle alive.' Naoki thought as she jumped off the branch with her clothes lightly flapping about in the breeze.

Meanwhile underground...

The sound of the mighty captain and the hooded puppet's clash continued to resonate throughout the massive cave.

An enormous blue inferno lit the walls of the quaking cavern just as the princess elegantly back-flipped to the cave floor below.

Azula dropped to the ground on her booted feet as she lightly panted for air with her callous amber golden eyes glaring imposingly out into the azure blaze.

Her injured comrades stood behind her gazing up at the collapsing cave in a rising panic.

As a dense smoke blew ominously into the air.

Just as they all turned to stare through the smoke at Silah's fractured mask with their eyes agape in frustration.

"This is bad, Azula! No matter what we do, she doesn't go down!" Mai exclaimed in a rightfully unnerved voice while Azula gritted her teeth as she wiped blood from her lips.

"I am aware of that, Mai!" Azula hissed as she turned to stare piercingly back at Silah's concealed face with her amber golden eyes boiling in fury.

"No matter how many we cut down, there's always more!" Saro complained in a pissed off voice as he stood panting at the rear.

"I...can't even chi block them because they're already dead!" Ty Lee shouted in aggravation as she struggled to remain on her feet.

Nako stumbled forward with her frightened but intelligent brown eyes gazing out across the blazing cavern.

Before she turned gaze up at her princess's glowering face with a thoughtful look in her eyes.

"Princess..." Nako began as she cleared her throat in an apprehensive voice while she winced when Azula's harsh eyes bared down at her.

"What?" Azula snapped with bite in her angered voice while her frigid eyes stared down at her pilot's skittish face.

Just as she rose an elegant brow when the shorter woman leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"You...you should try to capture one of the Fire Twins. Perhaps we could take a closer examination than we did with the other one. We may be able to decipher how she controls them." Nako explained in a hushed voice while her princess's callous eyes flashed in approval.

"Hm. I was thinking the same thing myself. But still...good thinking Nako." Azula spoke as she straightened herself with her serving girl's little body under her powerful arm.

Nako's fearful face momentarily brightened after being praised by her princess.

"A-anytime, Princess." Nako answered with a hand over her wounded belly while Azula turned her glacial gaze back to her enemy.

Just as Silah stepped out of the smoke with the two Fire Twins leaping down beside her.

She gazed back at the seething princess with her lips curving into a sadistic smile while all but the princess shuddered.

Before she ran her tongue along her lips once more while the princess's amber golden eyes grew even wider in prideful rage over the blatant show of perversion.