Fear

Ty Lee stood with Elle's wrist in her own gazing back at the walls surrounding the Fire Nation Royal Palace.

Her face turned pale in terror as she stared back at the stationary metal badgermole sitting beyond the giant walls in horror.

"W-what's going on, oneesan? Why...why did you get me out of school early? H-hey...what's that doing here?" Elle asked in an innocent voice with her gentle eyes peering back at the strange lifeless vehicle in confusion.

"That's...what I would like to know, Elle." Ty Lee stated in an unnerved voice as she began to pull the young girl forward under her wrist.

Her brown-gray eyes gazed in unease at the vast steel behemoth as she swallowed under her breath.

"I...I am going to take you to your room, and I want you to stay there until we come to get you. Okay little sister?" Ty Lee instructed in a protective voice as she ushered the smaller girl along behind her.

"O-okay, oneesan. Sure." Elle stammered in an uncertain voice as she was pulled after the noblewoman.

Her amber eyes glanced up at the huge metal corpse of the animal in an eeriness that she was unable to place.

Before the two rushed through the doors of the vast palace and hurried towards the servants' quarters.

About ten minutes later...

Azula stomped through the halls of the palace with her callous amber golden eyes glaring ahead with a vengeance like she had never felt before.

She barely even noticed that the hallway was completely devoid of the usual rush of the royal servants scampering about to fulfill their every order.

Only to find herself halting in her tracks when she saw her two subordinates rushing up to her from the corner of her enraged amber golden eye.

The two noblewomen ran towards their leader with their eyes agape in alarm as they soon came to a stop beside her.

"Azula! Are you okay? You don't look well." Ty Lee inquired in an unsettled voice only to find herself shivering when she caught the terrifying glare in Azula's seething amber golden eyes.

"Your Highness...what happened? Where is she?" Zoi questioned in a stony voice as she gazed back at her leader's utterly outraged face.

She noted that the younger woman looked as if she was struggling to contain her temper.

It was something that she had picked up on almost immediately.

The princess almost always had flawless control over her emotions.

And yet right now she looked like she was a volcano about to erupt.

"Where...is the girl?" Azula pondered in a cold voice with her frigid amber golden eyes gazing back at her two companions faces.

"I...I took Elle to her room. What...what's wrong, Azula? What aren't you telling us?" Ty Lee queried in an increasingly fearful voice as the princess pursed her lips into a livid scowl.

Only for the princess to clench her fists at her hips while her amber golden eyes took on a stare of unfathomable rage.

"Father...has joined forces...with Silah once more." Azula responded in a voice of barely controlled wrath while the two noblewomen froze in their footsteps in shock.

And that was all it took for the two nobles to be stunned into a state of speechlessness.

Even the normally free-spoken captain was stunned into silence by her princess's reply.