The Mercy of an Angel

The sounds of artillery fire continued to rocket into the air as chunks of ice fell from the icy slope.

As Team Azula found themselves cut off when a shell exploded over their heads.

The four highborn women stared over their shoulders back at Reynolds' war truck as it approached up the hill.

Before they quickly began to run up the ice once more with Elle panting as she attempted to keep up.

Only to find herself crying out in surprise when she was thrown onto the larger woman's armored back.

She wrapped her arms around the princess's neck as a moved tear fell from her eye.

Azula continued to bound her way up the hill with her sword in hand.

Her amber golden eyes glared over her damaged shoulder plating at all of her pursuers.

As many soldiers leaped from the tanks as they rushed up the hillside with rifles in hand.

"We're getting close! It's just up there beyond that ridge!" Zoi called out as her wounded legs pulled her exhausted body up the slope just as another rocket exploded behind them.

The mountain of ice shook with a rumble as blocks of ice rained down above them.

The Fire Nation women began to breath heavily in the frigid arctic air as they dragged their bodies up the incline.

Only for the team to turn to gaze over their shoulders in disbelief when they saw Katsu running to the far left of them.

Just as they gazed out of the corners of their angered eyes to see that Naoki had already ran further than them.

And now Naoki was leaping up onto the ice above them while the girl gazed back down into their outraged eyes.

The enraged princess met the girl's persistent gaze as they stared defiantly back into each other's eyes.

"This girl just won't give up!" Mai shouted with aggravation seeping through her fed up voice as she shakily jumped up the slope.

"You will not have her!" Azula roared with her teeth bared in a ferocious glower while Elle shook from where she hung onto her back.

"Arigatou...gozaimasu, Azula-sama." Elle murmured as she hid in the older girl's dark hair while she was comforted by the sound of the woman's wrathful snarl.

Only for both parties to spin around to gaze down over their shoulders once more as the insane colonel's screams resonated throughout the ice valley.

"Mutilate them! Do not let them get away! And kill Number Two!" Reynolds bellowed with an expression of unrelenting delirium in his widely maddened blue eyes.

The military truck climbed up the slope in overdrive as his roars echoed throughout the cold air in unison with the explosions of artillery fire.

As the four highborn women stared over their shoulders back at the rapidly advancing trucks and tanks with hatred flashing before their enraged eyes.

Only to find themselves reeling around to gaze up above them in surprise when they heard an inhuman shriek coming from up above them.

They gaped up with astonished looks in their eyes when they saw a flurry of spirits pouring forth from the ice cavern above.

"Up there, Azula! Spirits and their auras don't feel pink!" Ty Lee shouted in an alarmed voice as they jumped their way up onto more leveled ground while her companions stared up in urgency.

Azula gazed up with marginally widened amber golden eyes with Elle hanging onto her neck.

She glanced up in shock when the horde of spirits began to swoop down on them from above.