Portside

In the early morning hours aboard the royal airship.

Azula was at work learning to read and write in her handmaid's strange foreign written language.

She sat in a chair with her callous amber golden eyes carefully studying her notes on her handmaid's written language.

While Elle sat beside the princess with her faithful amber eyes quietly watching in amazement as Azula skillfully deciphered each letter.

Her function was to serve as her princess's guide and assist her on the matter when needed.

Yet thus far, the princess was taking to learning it quite well.

And given enough time.

She knew that her princess was fully capable of mastering the written English language.

After all, if anyone from the Fire Nation would be able to decipher it.

It was her Princess Azula.

Several hours later.

The small gathering of ships now sat before an isolated rural village.

Meanwhile the princess and her three companions were walking into the village.

The three highborn women were watching their young companion happily skip beside the aloof princess while Azula stared down at her with mildly annoyed amber golden eyes.

The source of her aggravation was her servant's accursed music player.

It had only been two hours since she had given it to the girl and she was already regretting its repair!

The two noblewomen tried their best to stifle their chuckles over the princess's irritation while the muffled sound of strange music continued to resonate from the girl's headset.

"Elle!" Azula snapped for the second time with her amber golden eyes narrowing dangerously down at Elle's jubilant little face.

"Huh? I can't hear you, Azula-sama. Did you say something?" Elle answered with a sunny smile before turning to glance up at Azula's violently scowling visage.

"I did! Two times over! Perhaps if you removed those wretched things from your ears, you would have heard me!" Azula barked with her arms crossed over her breasts while she glared at her chuckling childhood friends through the corner of her eye.

"Aww! Don't be so mean, Azula! She is just enjoying herself." Ty Lee defended in a sisterly manner before patting Elle's shoulder while the smaller girl continued to bob to her music.

"It's too bad we don't have one of those. Then we could tune out Azula too." Mai commented alongside the amused Ty Lee while Azula turned to cast them a murderous glance.

"Yeah that sounds...a-absolutely terrible. We don't want to tune Azula out!" Ty Lee blurted out in a nervous gulp while the princess stared icily at them with blue fire burning from her fingertips.

"That's what I thought...servant! I am thirsty! Go purchase me a drink from that smoothie stand!" Azula ordered with a snap of her fingers while she glared over her shoulder at Ty Lee's giggling face.

Only to turn her eyes back to her little handmaid's back just as she began to realize what Ty Lee was giggling over.

"I see the crystal raindrops fall. And the beauty of it all is when the sun comes shining through. To make those rainbows in my mind when I think of you sometime. And I wanna spend some time with you." Elle sang to herself with a melodious hum while her princess quirked an amused brow above her.