(Criminal Minds) Derek Morgan x Fem!Reader: Get Your Groove Thing On!

Based on early season 1 & 2 -
He was getting his "groove thing" on at the club when you met.

**I don't own any of these characters except for Y/N(Your Name) and your two friends - Sherry & Carrie**

Y/N's POV

Clubbing - not my first or second choice of what to be doing on a Saturday night. Yet I find myself here because I'm a good friend and they wanted to be here.

I hear someone slide into the seat at the bar next to me and I don't even look.
It's probably some guy trying to hit on me, buy me a drink, or someone who chose that seat out of every seat at the club.

I hear that person ask "Pretty Girl, why are you frowning?"
I answer "I'm not. It's a backwards smile meaning I'm enjoying myself."
He smirks and replies "Ahh clever joke. You must not be into the club scene."
I ask "How could you tell?"
He answers "You're glancing back and forth to those two girls on the dance floor. You're lightly sipping one drink. You didn't even look my way when I slid into the seat next to you."
I reply "You're correct. Carrie and Sherry, the twins, are my friends. Now why would you spend time with me when you could be getting your groove thing on?"
He laughs and asks "What are you talking about?"
I answer "I've seen you dance with at least 3 other girls tonight. You are most likely not drunk yet because well you're a big guy and it takes more alcohol to make you drunk. You're pacing yourself, which shows you're looking for a good time but with limits."
He asks "You're not with the FBI, are you?"
I answer "No I'm not. I work in the tech industry. My 3rd grade teacher joked that I was very observant when I was 7 and if ever needed, she would ask me to be her character witness though."
He smirks and replies "Hmm... cool! Sorry I was just wondering that."
I nod and smile.

One of your friends runs up dragging the other and says "We need to go! Sherry is not doing so well."
I nod and face the man.
I say "Sir, nice talking to you. I've gotta go take care of my friends. Goodbye."
The man replies "Yeah it was a pleasure. Bye!"

One week later ...

I'm at a bar this time with Carrie and Sherry.
I hear "Pretty Girl, is that you?"
I turn and see the same man from a week ago.
I smile and say "Yeah Mr. Groove Thing! Crazy running into you here as well."
He nods and replies "I work nearby."
I reply "Oh cool. My friends picked this place because they heard a bartender here made the best martini."
He laughs and replies "Maybe they do. I come here with my team and they enjoy them, but I don't know if they're the best."

I exclaim "My name is Y/N by the way."
He replies "Nice to meet you Y/N. I'm Derek Morgan."
I reply "Nice to meet you. So... wanna dance?"
He answers "If you're down, so am I."
I nod.

We walk over to the dance area and dance together.
It's one of the most fun nights I've had out in awhile.

........................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!!