(Outer Banks) Rafe Cameron x Fem!Reader: I still want you

You're Sarah Cameron's best friend of 10 years and Rafe Cameron's ex of 1 year. You were on friendly terms with the rest of the Cameron family too and even had babysat Wheezie before.

Y/N = Your Name

Italics = flashback

**I do not own the Outer Banks characters.**

Y/N's POV

It had been two years since I have been in the vicinity of Rafe Cameron. I've managed to convince Sarah that I just couldn't be near him for 2 years.

Sarah wants me to go to her birthday party in 3 weeks. She has been begging for me to go. She even bought me my dream Converse that I've been eyeing while online shopping. She knew I wanted them and asked me to go again and again. I finally agreed. Sarah screamed so loud with excitement that my mom ran into the room concerned.

I need to face Rafe. I can be civil now. I've had time to reflect. Now, I can admit that he treated me like I was nothing, but a mistake in his "perfect" life.

3 weeks later...  Y/N's POV

Where else would you expect Sarah Cameron, the Kook Princess' party to be, but a party yacht? I hadn't even heard of such a thing until she sent me an invitation. I actually tried to get out of it because I get motion sickness like crazy. (picture of what a party yacht could look like below)

Since we are going on the boat at night, it was hard for me to pick what to wear

Since we are going on the boat at night, it was hard for me to pick what to wear. I chose to wear a bikini with a flowy dress over it and Birkenstocks. If we jump in the water, I'll be prepared. I like to be prepared.

When I park my car in the lot where the yacht is, I see it and let out a soft chuckle.

Ward really went all out. There are lights across the boat, there are big signs saying "Happy Birthday," and music blaring. He really wanted his golden child to have fun tonight. I remember how Rafe looked when I jokingly called Sarah the golden child. He looked like he would've killed me on the spot. Ugh, I have to see him soon.

I see some of my other friends getting out of their cars right now, so I decide to get out. I walk up to them and we all gush over each other's outfits. My friend, Olivia, is my closest friend other than Sarah. She has a very bubbly personality and is a total player. I love her though.

We all walk onto the yacht.

I see Sarah standing near the entrance in a flowy gold dress with a sash on that says "Birthday Girl." How fitting!

I walk up to her and hug her.
She exclaims "Thank you for coming. I truly am happy you are here. I love you, Y/N."
I reply "I'm happy to be here. Now, where do I put your present?"
She laughs and says "To the right of the DJ! Thank you!"

I walk over to where the DJ is and I set my bag down.

I turn and see Rafe staring at me from near the bar. Of course, he is over there. I do miss having a drink with him and letting loose. I miss when we went to parties and had the time of our lives. We did have fun especially when we were tipsy.