(Criminal Minds) Spencer Reid x Fem!Reader: Lunch Date

Based on 1st Season Spencer Reid

Spencer met Y/N at a bookstore.
He asked her out and his date is tomorrow.

Got facts Spencer will day from these websites - Wikipedia, PubMed, Journal of Sleep Research, and college grad program website

**I don't own these characters except for Y/N and the waiter, Alex**
Y/N = Your Name**

Spencer's POV

We just got back to Quantico from our last case in Florida.

I pack up my things to go home and Morgan walks over.
He asks "Doing anything this weekend?"
I answer "Reading Lord Of The Rings, a date, and catch up on my soap shows."
Morgan nods and then his jaw drops.
He asks "A date? Damn with who pretty boy?"
I laugh and answer "A girl from a bookstore."
He replies "Don't do anything I would do. Actually scratch that man, do what I would do. Enjoy yourself."
Garcia stops by and asks "Enjoy himself? Hey remember when Reid did his physics magic and it exploded at Hotchner's feet? He was enjoying himself then."
We all laugh.
Morgan says "He's going on a date."
Garcia smiles and hugs me. She says "Omg I can't believe it. Tell me everything."
I reply "There's really not much to tell. She was in the fantasy genre section of the bookstore on 5th Street named BooksAMillion. It was actually row 16. I was browsing nearby and I thought she looked pretty. I walked over and we talked about books for a little bit before I asked her out. The bookstore worker wasn't happy about us talking semi loudly, but I could tell she likes to see young love blossom at her store. She let it pass. That's it."
Garcia laughs and replies "Of course you met her at a bookstore and remember exactly where you met. Please invite me to the wedding and the proposal you should have there."
I reply "Garcia, I haven't even gone out with her yet."

Y/N's POV - Next Day!

I'm meeting Dr. Spencer Reid for our date tonight. He's literally the same age as me and has multiple PHD's. I feel so unaccomplished. It's fine though. After getting a double Master's, I was done with school.

We're going to lunch at some random place he picked then we planned on picking a book out for each other at the bookstore we met at.
I think it'll be cute. I'm very excited.

I arrive at the lunch place on time and see Dr. Reidn sitting on the bench outside.
He sees me, waves, and stands.
I walk up and exclaim "Hi Dr. Reid! How are you doing today?"
He replies "Please call me Spencer. I've had a good day so far. I finished rereading the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy and started rewatching episodes of my soaps."

We head inside the restaurant and we take a seat at an empty table.

I ask "Finish the trilogy again? Wait did you read all 3 today or just the last one?"
He answers "All 3. I can read 20,000 words per minute."
I reply "Damn I wish I was you. That would've made school so much easier."
He replies "Not for me. I was bullied in school. I mean it did help with my 3 BAs and 3 PHDs."
I smile and reply "Wow what a flex. I was wondering why you were called Doctor. Personally I only got two Master's and then I was done with school."
He replies "More than 16 million people have a Master's in the U.S. That is roughly 8% of the population. Did you know that the amount of students in college now who are pursuing their Master's is higher than the past decade?"
I answer "That's so interesting. Huh well I think it personally helped me get the job I have, which is good."

A waiter walks up and exclaims "Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm Alex. I'll be your server this afternoon. What can I get for both of you to drink?"
We both tell him our drink orders then he swiftly returns with drinks.
We tell him our food order and he leaves.