(Harry Potter) Cedric Diggory x SlytherinFem!Reader: Prefects

You're a the sassy Slytherin Queen yet you can't stand the entitled bratty Slytherins who bully, so you stand up for others. However, the Slytherins still respect you if you stop them and the other houses are grateful to you. This also led to Professor Snape making you a Slytherin Prefect, which you rather enjoyed. Cedric is the Hufflepuff Prefect who spreads kindness to all around him. They're both in their 5th Year at Hogwarts.

** I don't own any of the characters except for Y/N and Mara Parkinson**

5th Year: Y/N's POV - Thursday

Professor Trelawney just snapped at me for speaking my mind. She told me what she thought she saw in my tea leaves and I didn't trust her. I mean yeah she's my Professor and she is a Seer, but it didn't make sense.

I stormed out of class and I'm now just sitting on a bench in the courtyard.

I see Hermione and she waves.
I wave back and she walks over.
She asks "Why aren't you in class?"
I answer "I could ask you the same thing."
She replies "Well I asked first."
There's something not many see in Hermione. Haha she likes to sass me back sometimes and I love it.
I reply "I didn't like what Professor Trelawney saw in my tea leaves, so I left."
She sighs and sits next to me.
She replies "I left Divination in our 3rd year because I felt Professor Trelawney was a fraud."
I ask "What electives did you choose instead?"
She answers "Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies, and Study of Ancient Ruins."
I reply "Wow. I don't think I would be able to keep up with all of that work. It's amazing that you're able to attend every class."
She replies "Yes a true miracle. Anyhow, I best be off. Professor McGonagall called me to her office and I don't want to be late."
I reply "Well see ya!"
She then walks off.

I pull out my Astronomy textbook and open it up to the chapter about galaxies.

I keep reading until I notice the clock turn to 11.
I pack my bag up and head to Transfiguration.
We have it with the Ravenclaws.

I make my way inside and take my seat. 
Mara Parkinson, Pansy's older sister, sits next to me.
Mara & I both are in the same year. She loves to gossip and loves to quarrel with her other houses. I've tried to make her be nice to others, but I guess she doesn't play well with others.

Mara asks "So why did you storm out of Divination?"
I answer "Trelawney read my tea leaves and I don't trust her."
She replies "She's one crazy witch. I wouldn't trust her ever like never."
I nod and half smile.

Transfiguration is interesting today and I quite enjoy it.

Mara and I then make our way to the table for lunch.
As we eat lunch, Mara leans over to me and whispers in my ear "To your left, one of the Hufflepuff Prefects is watching you."
I glance over to the Hufflepuff table and see Cedric watching me with those warm grey eyes. I never thought I would describe the color grey as warm, but there you have it.
I smirk at him and look away.
I then go back to eating lunch.
Mara asks "Did you guys hear about what happened in Pansy's Care of Magical Creatures class?"
Everyone shakes their head and she begins sharing.

The rest of the day drags on with more classes.

After my shift patrolling and even finding a few naughty students out past curfew, I head off to my room. I'm so tired.

I stop by my door when I hear "Yeah Y/N likes Cedric... I know she like likes him. I don't even know how we will stop it. I mean why would we let her date him? A freaking Hufflepuff!"
I walk into the room and all my roommates turn to face me.
I ask "So who were you guys talking about?"
Mara answers "A secret."
I reply "Interesting. Just know secrets secrets are no fun unless you share with everyone."
Mara replies "Fine then. We think you're going soft!"
I snap "I'm not!"
Mara asks "So...How was patrolling tonight?"
I answer "Oh fine fine. I caught a few students and gave them their first warning. I did take note of their names and added it to the list. I'm tired from all the waking though, so I may just go to sleep."
She nods.