(Criminal Minds) Spencer Reid: (Request)

Above is the wedding song!! The song is Turning Page by Sleeping At Last!!

For brideofharrystyles

The flashback will be in italics

Emily Rossi is marrying Spencer Reid.
**few details I added from request: Emily loves to bake // Emily can speak Italian too //

Emily Rossi's POV

I wake up to Garcia shaking me awake.
She exclaims "You're getting married today!! Ahhhh you will be Mrs. Reid!!!"
I laugh and ask "And you couldn't let me sleep in, Pen?"
She answers "Oh Em you did. You slept in past your first alarm. We have 15 less minutes."
I reply "Okay then I am indeed getting up."
She laughs.

I see Emily Prentiss nearby and she says "I was prepared to let you sleep in until absolutely necessary. I did not want to wake you. You can be angry in the morning."
I laugh and reply "Yeah I've heard that before."

We put on our brunch outfits and head to eat brunch together.

I don't feel like stuffing my stomach because 1) I have to fit in my wedding dress, 2) eating unhealthy foods when I'm nervous makes me sick, and 3) this place is mad expensive. My dad did say he would pay, but spoiler alert: David Rossi does have a limit to his money. Hahahahahaha :)

After brunch, we head to where we will get ready.

I sit by the vanity and Garcia walks over to do my make-up first. She said she would be honored to do it and I was personally excited
because she has style! I remember when we first me she had to cutest crochet sweater I've ever seen. What a day! It was when I met the whole team for the first time, well except, for my dad. Haha!

I can remember that day clearly like it was yesterday.

My dad, David Rossi, invited me to visit him at work. He also set up an interview with his boss for me. I am interviewing to be a second communications liaison because apparently they are overworked and I currently have no job. My dad said he recommended me and I got an interview time. He also promised I could eat with him. I brought dessert because I know he loves my baking.

I arrive and the security checks me in.
I get a temporary badge and head inside.
I take the elevator to my father's floor.

Once I make it there, I pause.
Wow this place is busy. This place could also be my next place of work. Woah.

I walk to where there are doors because my dad said he had his own office.

I knock on the door that says David Rossi.
It opens and he exclaims "Ahhh Buttercup! You're here! Come in sweetheart!"
Did he just call me that in public?
Just great thanks Dad.

We sit inside his office and eat the buttercup squash coffee cake I brought :-)

After lunch, I head to my interview with Agent Hotchner. He tells me to call him Hotch. He explains that despite my glowing review from my father, he cannot admit me without an interview. I'm glad though because I wouldn't want special treatment just because I am related to him.

After the interview, Hotch says I got the job. He then tells me that he wants to introduce me to the team, which is exciting.

We walk out the office and I see my dad standing with his team.

When we approach them, my dad turns and asks "And did you get the job, Buttercup?"
I laugh and answer "Yes dad I did. Hotch said I would be a great fit for the team."
A man with curly hair and glasses asks "Is your name actually Buttercup like the squash? If so, did you know that buttercup squash was initially discovered as a chance seedling and was bred to be an alternative for sweet potatoes in culinary dishes? And ... oh I see. I will stop talking."
He's cute when he rambles.
Oh ... I should not catch feelings for my new team. Haha :/
I reply "My name is actually Emily Rossi, but I did make Buttercup Squash Coffee Cake. You can taste some because my father will eat all of it if I leave it with him and he said he wants to work out more."
The team starts cracking up and a blond woman exclaims "You're Rossi Junior and omg another Emily is on the team! Well I am pleased to meet you. I am Penelope Garcia."
I shake her hand and exclaim "Nice to meet you Penelope. I love your crochet sweater. You'll have to tell me where you bought it later."
She smiles widely.

The woman next to her says "I'm Jennifer Jareau, but everyone calls me JJ."
I shake her hand.

The woman next to her says "I'm Emily Prentiss. I am the other Emily on the team."
I reply "It's always nice to meet someone with the same name as you. It makes you feel less alone."
The man who rambled earlier replies "Actually there are 347,248 people named Emily just in the United States. You are one of thousands."
I reply "Oh well I have only met 3 of those 347, 248 people. That's a cool fact. What's your name?"
He answers "Oh right... I am Dr. Spencer Reid."
I wave and reply "Nice to meet you. You're the one who doesn't shake hands, right? My father told me a little about each of you."
Spencer nods and replies "Yes. It's far safer to kiss ... I mean not that we should. I ... I'll just stop talking."
I smile and meet the last person who is named Derek Morgan.

We ended up at a bar after they finished with work.

Morgan asks "Let's go around with bad dating stories. I know you all have them."
Prentiss replies "So you want the dirt on us?"
He laughs and answers "How people have treated you and how you treat them does say a lot about people."
I exclaim "I can go first. I have two that stand out and they both center on the fact that I am David Rossi's daughter."
They all laugh.
I exclaim "So this one dude and I went to this thriller movie named Misery. I do not recommend. Well anyway, he was driving me home and he blatantly asked if we could have sex. I didn't want to and I said no. He then asked how I felt the date went. I told him good until that question. He then asked if I could get my father to sign his copy of Evil Never Rests. I said no. Then the next one happened when I had been dating this guy for 6 months. We were close or so I thought. I caught him cheating on me and left him with the words Tuttle quelle che verranno non saranno nient'altro che repliche di una storia che so a memoria. He looked confused and was so angry. That was that."
Penelope asks "Wait what does that mean? I don't speak Italian."
My father answers "All the girls that will come after won't be anything except replicas of a story I know by heart."
They all praise my story.

Garcia finishes my make-up and I thank her.
I curl my own hair.

I then put on my dress.
Today is the day!! Wow that just seems crazy.

We head out and to the wedding.

We wait and my father appears.
He hugs me and exclaims "I'm so proud of you Buttercup. You and Spencer will be so happy together forever. You are so beautiful today, but then again you are pretty every day. I love you my sweet daughter."
I smile and hug him back.

As I walk down the aisle with my dad, we eventually stop in front of Spencer.
My dad exclaims "Be nice, Spencer. I know where you live and where you work."
Spencer replies "Yes sir."
They shake hands and my dad moves to stand to our sides.

At the reception ~

Spencer and I both decided we wanted to say a few words at the reception. 
When Spencer stands up to speak, I know right now that I will cry. This man has a way with words and I love him.
He announces into the mic "Thank you friends and family for coming to our wedding. My wife and I wanted to say a few words. It's crazy to call her my wife when just yesterday, she was my fiancée. One day changes a whole lot. Another day that changed my world was when I met Mrs. Emily Reid. She came to the BAU and I honestly thought her name was Buttercup. I soon found out she cooked with buttercup squashes and that was her nickname given to her by her father."
Everyone laughs and he continues "She let me ramble and was able to continue the conversation even if it was about vegetables. She cares for me and always compliments me. She makes me feel loved and I love her. I don't know what I would do without her in my life."
:-)

I don't know what I would do without him too.

........................................................................

THANKS FOR READING!!

Used these sites for the facts I put in this chapter:
- specialtyproduce.com
- howmanyofme.com