((Criminal Minds)) Aaron Hotchner x Fem!Reader: Surprising Him!

**Pretend Jack stays with Hotch & Haley is dead** :/

You're in charge of the NYPD and you've met Aaron Hotchner multiple times for cases in New York City.
You both get along so well that you talk on the phone once a week.
You also get along with the rest of the team really well :)
You were heading down to Washington DC for a police conference where you were giving a speech about your new book.
You then decide to surprise Hotch in Quantico!

Y/N = Your Name

Sorry for jumping POVs so many times - I just find it fun!!

Y/N's POV

I arrive at the FBI Quantico base and they let me inside when I show them my credentials.
The security explains they weren't expecting me and I let them know that I was in Washington DC, so I came down here.

I take the elevator to the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
I see them all so focused at their desks and I walk up to Reid's desk.
I exclaim "Dr. Reid, I believe I promised you a copy of my book as soon as it came out. It's autographed too."
He looks up, smiles, and exclaims "Omg Y/N! It's so good to see you again! And yes a book!"
He hugs me and he takes the book.
I say hi to the rest of the team and give them each a copy of the book before heading to say hi to Hotch.

I walk up the stairs and pass by Rossi's office.
I say hi to him, give him a book, and then I head next door.

I knock and hear "Come in."
I open the door and walk inside.

Aaron walks over to shake my hand then he leads me to sit down on the couch.
He then asks "Y/N? What are you doing here?"
I answer "I just wanted to surprise you. I um... had that speech at the police conference in Washington DC yesterday and thought that since Quantico was only 40 minutes away, I would surprise you. I also gave Dr. Reid a copy of my book. I brought you one too if you'd like one."
He nods and I hand him a copy.
He smiles and opens the front cover.
He smirks a little and says "You autographed it and everything. It's so official."
I laugh and reply "I hope you like it."
He replies "I think I will. Since you're in town, where are you staying?"
I answer "I was just going to find an open hotel later."
He asks "And you have no plans for while you're in Quantico?"
I answer "I wanted to see you and the rest of the BAU. Other than that, I had no plans."
He replies "You should stay with me. I'm sure that since you're in town, the team will want to have dinner with you. We can invite them over. If they don't want to, would you like to go out to dinner with me?"
I answer "Yes I would like that very much. Thank you so much. Is Jack going to be okay with this all?"
He answers "I've talked about you a few times and I'm sure he'll be glad to finally meet you."

The door flies open to show Garcia and Reid.
Garcia exclaims "I just heard you were here and you gave out copies of your book. You didn't say hi to me yet either. Your book is doing really well for crime books right now in the charts. I checked earlier."
I laugh and reply "Hi Garcia and thank you."
I stand up and hug her.
Reid says "Your book is so good. The way you discuss how you solved every crime is intriguing and keeps you on your toes. I can tell through the book how much you've improved and grown into your role as well."
I smile and reply "Well thank you Dr. Reid. That makes me really happy to hear especially since you are such an avid reader."
He smiles.
Aaron says "I guess I should read it soon."
Reid replies "You have to. You'll like when we're mentioned too, Hotch."
Aaron replies "Oh right. I totally forgot about that. I remember you asking for permission to put us in there though."
I nod and smile.

My phone begins ringing and I exclaim "I'll be right back. I need to take this."

I then walk out of the room.