(OBX) JJ Maybanks x Fem!Reader: Matched

Inspired by the Matched Series by Ally Condie

Basically ~ the government decides who you love and where you work etc ...

Y/N = Your First Name
L/N = Last Name
S/N = Your Twin Sister's Name

**I do not own the characters **

LONG CHAPTER CUZ WHY NOT :-)

Y/N'S POV

Our whole life was to be determined by the government. It's kind of sucky if you think about it. You don't have a say in who you marry and what you do for the rest of your life.

The ceremony where betrothal matches are made and jobs are given occurs in 6 hours for me.

I'm currently at the Chateau.

John B told everyone to meet here before the big ceremony. My parents were cool with it. Apparently a lot of teens go out and have one last bit of fun before their life is changed forever. I personally am glad we get this one last moment of freedom. However, you can't break any laws or be seen in inappropriate positions with someone who already has a match.

My brother drops me and my twin sister off before going to see some of his friends. He still has a few years before it will be his turn.

I walk up to the house and walk inside.
I see JJ, John B, Kiara, and Pope on the couch.
I exclaim "Hello friends. I come bearing gifts."
S/N adds "And the party can commence!"
They jump up and take the bags of food from my hands.

See, this ceremony can last hours and you need food to survive. A common thing is to go out with your life partner after the ceremony. I hope mine will want to go out after. I want to.

I take a seat on the ground across from my friends and say "My mom says good luck and she made the food."
JJ replies "Tell her I love her. This is great."

JJ always says that. My mom knows it too.
JJ has come over to my house before and my mom has given him food every once in awhile.
We may not have tons of money, but it's enough to share food every now and again. He always thanks my mom and she feels appreciated for her cooking. JJ also sometimes spends the night if John B says no or if his dad is being mean. I don't mind at all. We cuddle every time;)

Kie replies "It truly is great. My dad deals with the Wreck and he still didn't want to send anything other than fries."
We all laugh.

We each take a wine cooler and John B says "TO US! TO THE POGUES!"
We all tap our drinks together and yell "TO US! TO THE POGUES!"

After we drink that, we go out on the boat.
I ask "Does anyone have sunscreen? Cause you guys are too hot!"
JJ replies "You're so hot. The sun is jealous."
I reply "Your skin is burning like my heart."
He replies "Aww. You're too kind."
I laugh.
Kie asks "How are you two so good at pick up lines?"
Pope says "I don't know, but I wish I had their skills. Maybe then I could pick up a girl."
S/N replies "Oh please, Pope, any girl would be lucky to have you."
I swear I catch Pope blushing at that comment.

When we pass by a Kook boat, JJ says "That could be any of us later today."
I reply "Well technically, we have to get a job first, but yes it could be in at least 3 or more months."
Pope says "I have a prediction that Y/N and I will be working for the government."
I laugh and reply "Gosh I hope not. I do not really like politics."
S/N replies "You made a 100 in history last year though. Mom kept talking about it on and on. She just kept going on about it."
I reply "I wish we could say what we prefer our job to be. That would've been nice."
JJ replies "I would definitely set a preference for a Kook job and a Kook wifey."
Kie rolls her eyes and playfully slaps JJ who gasps at her.
John B replies "For your sake, JJ, I hope you get only one of those two things."
JJ replies "I doubt I will. They never care about us. The government hates Pogues. We're all destined to live and die here."
I reply "Ok Mister Pessimistic, let's calm down. We still have a few hours to have fun."