(Criminal Minds) Spencer Reid AU x Fem!Reader: Royalty

He's a Duke. You're a Princess.
He's been courting you all season and he finally makes his move.

Y/N = Your Name

Spencer's POV

I have to tell Y/N how I feel.

Last night, I overheard Mr. James P Bloombridge talking to my dear friend, Mr. Derek Morgan. He said that if the Princess didn't agree to marrying him, he would blackmail her into doing so. I don't even know what he has on her. She's only ever been kind to people. Not to mention, he's only talked to her once publicly and she refused to have him again. He thinks he's all that and that's she's playing hard to get. He's always been a bit of a pompous arse, but this is even worse. How could he even think about doing this to Y/N? She doesn't want this or him. You can tell she is physically repulsed by him by her body language. I doubt she even wants me, but I'll try to protect her the best I can. I love her and I have to tell her.

I invited myself over for tea at her palace despite her not inviting me. Is it a little wrong of me considering she is the Princess and I'm just a Duke? Yes. Is it needed? Yes.

I arrive and immediately play with my present to her. I hope she likes it.

I'm led inside and I see her brother who I'm good friends with. He waves to me and keeps walking. He must be busy.

A guard opens the door and announces "Doctor Spencer Reid, the Duke, is here for tea."
I really should find a way to abbreviate my name.

I walk inside and see Princess Y/N reading on the couch. She smiles and stands.
I walk in and over to her.

I take my seat next to her on the couch and she exclaims "I must admit I was quite surprised to see you asked to come for tea. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
I answer "Well you see a lot has happened recently. I had to see you. There are things I must say."
She nods and I continue "As you well know, I've been courting you this season. It will come as no shock that I love you. You've made me smile every time we are together, you're beautiful, you're intelligent, and I know you'll make a great Queen one day. I've felt this way for about a week, but recent events caused me to tell you now. You know Mr. James P Bloombridge?"
She nods and I continue what I was saying "He plans on blackmailing you to marry him. I don't know why he thinks he has something on you, but I want you to know that if he does have something, I am here for you. I will stay with you no matter what. If he's bluffing, well I personally think he's a pompous arse."
She laughs and covers her mouth.
I smile and exclaim "I love you Y/N and that's all I have to say. Sorry for rambling. I just wanted you to know and thought you deserved to."
She smiles and replies "Spencer, thank you for telling me. Mr. James P. Bloombridge has nothing on me. He's indeed bluffing and an arse for thinking he can trick me into a marriage with him of all people."
I smile and laugh a little.
She then says "As for your proclamation of love, well I love you too. I love you Spencer."
I smile and ask "May I kiss you?"
She nods and we kiss :)

I exclaim "I'm so happy. I was nervous this would go badly. I don't know why I thought that or why I was worried."
She smiles and hugs me.
We sit cuddled on her couch talking until she starts showing me the book she's currently reading.

After a few hours, Mr. James P. Bloombridge shows up to see Y/N.
She asks "Can you stay with me while he's here?"
I nod and kiss her on the cheek.

When he walks in, he looks back and forth between us a few times. 
He then exclaims "Duke, I'm hoping you can leave. I need to speak with Princess Y/N."
Y/N replies "I asked him to stay. Please continue with whatever you must say. You can say why you want freely in front of the Duke."
He replies "Very well. Princess Y/N, would you like to marry me?"
She guffaws then covers her mouth quickly.
She glances at me, puts her hand in mine, turns back to Mr. James P. Bloombridge, and says "I cannot marry you. I'm sorry, but I'm engaged to the Duke."
I ... sure yes we are :)
I smile and reply "We are indeed engaged. The ring ... ahh that is still in my pocket. Silly me!"
I pull out the ring in my pocket and slide the ring onto her ring finger. She smiles and kisses me on the cheek.
Mr. James P. Bloombridge exclaims "Very well. Congrats and goodbye."
He then storms out.

I exclaim "You can hand me the ring back if you'd like."
She asks "What? You don't want to marry me?"
I answer "I ... I do. I didn't get to ask you properly though."
She smiles and hands it back to me.

I stand up and ask "Ma'am, will you follow me to the gardens for a quick stroll?"
She takes my hand and we walk outside.

We go into the garden and I kneel in front of her. I exclaim "Y/N, I love you. We like the same books. You're kind and smart and beautiful. You're someone who I can depend on. I want to grow old with you and have little mini versions of us. I care about you so much and want to make you happy. Your happiness is my happiness. Your love is my love. I love you. Miss Princess Y/N, will you marry me?"
She smiles and answers "Yes I will marry you, Spencer."
I stand up, slide the ring back onto her finger, and we kiss again:)

..........................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!!!