(Top Gun) Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw x Fem!Reader: Hurt

You trained with Bob a few years prior & met Phoenix before going to Top Gun. You were one of the top weapon systems officers known for your steady hand.
You had lost your dad to a flight gone wrong 5 years ago and never have been the same. You coped with running & your call sign is "Bolt" because you're fast.

Y/N = Your Name

*** I do not own Top Gun characters or plots. Some of the plot changes for this imagine, okay!

Y/N's POV

Tonight is a Saturday night and we have it off. We're going to a bar called the Hard Deck owned by Penny who used to know my dad and has been flirting with my boss, Maverick. I hung out with her daughter, Amelia, when she was very little so she could hang out with my mom. Penny is one of the kindest people I know.

As soon as we make it there, everyone orders their beers first. I wait for a little, so I can hug Penny. I hug her and she hands me a cider.

I head back over to the boys and Phoenix exclaims "I call Bolt on my team!"
I ask "What are we playing?"
She answers "Darts against Fanboy and Hangman! Wait... you're still really good right?"
I answer "Uh... sure."She smiles.

Bradley plops into the seat next to us to watch and cheer our team on. I always appreciate his positivity and kindness no matter what. He's there for everyone and I think everyone likes that about him. We actually have similar backgrounds because we both lost our dads in a flight gone wrong and we grew up in this area. No one wants to talk about the loss though. Everyone tiptoes around the subject. It sometimes can hurt when all you want to do is talk about your loved one and all those feelings. I've talked with Bradley once or twice about it, but I can tell it puts him in a very negative headspace so I avoid the subject.

I turn back to the game and finish playing darts. I will admit that I was a little nervous going into it because I've heard Hangman is the best. He loses his winning streak to us by 2 points causing Phoenix to start gloating. Hangman then sulks in a corner causing everyone to laugh.

Bradley thinks the game is rigged, so he calls for a 1v1 match against me. I throw a perfect bullseye on my first dart.

Bradley tosses his first dart and exclaims "Well sh**! I didn't know you were that good. How do you know how to play so well?"
I throw another dart and answer "I would come here growing up with my dad. He taught me."
He replies "That's cool. I wonder if we ever hung out together here growing up because I came here too."
I hear "Less chit-chat! Play the game!"
Bradley turns, flips them off, then throws his dart.

After the game that I win by 1 point, I get a celebratory new drink. I sit at the bar and am talking to Penny when I feel an arm around my shoulder. I shrug it off and see a clearly drunk older man.  I move away and Penny says "Sir, please leave the premises or you're paying a round of drinks for everyone here."

Bradley/Rooster's POV

Y/N just beat me by one point in darts. I've always liked her but seeing her so focused was sexy. Sometimes I consider flying in a double just so I can request to fly with her. Maverick would say yes because he's practically been begging me to since we started training at Top Gun. One thing that scares me about Y/N is that we have grief that we have both felt, but she's used hers to fuel her drive for flying. I blame all my drinking and anger on the grief. I just am intimidated by her and how together she is.

Y/N went to get drinks a few minutes ago. Where is she?

I start walking around the Hard Deck and I watch as a drunk older man puts his arm around her. She shoves him off and moves away. I watch Penny exchange words with him and see the frightened look in Y/N's eyes. I quickly start moving towards her past all of the people crowding the bar area.