(Outer Banks) Rafe Cameron x Fem!Reader: I still want you pt. 2

Recap: Rafe broke your heart when he cheated on you 2 years ago and told you that you were a mistake. You saw him at Sarah's birthday party and he asked for another chance. You agreed after sharing your feelings about the past.

Y/N = Your Name

** I do not own the Outer Banks characters. **

Rafe's POV

I have Y/N back in my life. Granted, she's just my friend right now. We've been friends again for 3 months and it feels good.

I'm meeting Y/N today for breakfast. She's taking a summer course and she has an internship, so she's been pretty busy. It's good to see her when I can. The café that we're going to used to be one of our go-to restaurants when we were dating. I hope it's not weird that we're going here.

I park in the lot next to the café and get out. She said to meet her by 9 and she's always early to everything, so I got here at 8:45.

I see Y/N pull into the lot so I walk to her car. I hope she doesn't find it weird that I was early or that I was in the lot at the same time as her. Agh! Now that I have her back in my life, I overthink a lot.

She gets out of her car, sees me, smiles, and locks her car up.

Y/N exclaims "Wow we got here early and at the same time. That's cute."
I reply "Yeah it's cute and so are you."
She replies "Thanks, Rafe. I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Let's go eat."
 She holds out her hand and I take it excitedly. She's letting me hold her hand!?!! I'm so happy right now. 

 We walk into the café and the hostess asks "Table for two?"
Y/N answers "Yes, please. Thank you."
 We follow the hostess to a booth and I sit across from Y/N.

The server stops by and we both order coffee to drink. We also order food because we've been here before and know what we want.

I look over at Y/N and say "I'm so glad we decided to do this. We're both busy, but I miss you." She replies "I do have a phone that you can text whenever you want." 

I reply "I didn't know if you would answer. I didn't want to push this new friendship we have." She replies "Rafe, if you ever need someone to talk to, please call me. It will never be a bother. I love you and I don't want you to feel like you can't call me."
I ask "You still love me?"
She answers "Yes I do. That's actually something I wanted to talk to you about. I would love to go on a date with you, Rafe. I think I'm ready to give you a second chance."
I ask "When are you free next? I will pick you up."
She answers "I'm actually free all day today, but I'm also free tomorrow night."
I reply "I'm free today too. Do you want to drop your car off at your place then we can go in my car to the beach?"
She replies "That sounds perfect." Inside, I am freaking out. We're going to date again. She loves me!

After breakfast, I follow her to her home and she parks her car. She then runs to my passenger window and knocks. I open it and she climbs in.
I ask "Don't you need a bathing suit?"
She answers "I have it in this bag already packed. I was hoping you would say we could go to the beach today." She knows me so well.
 I smile and ask "Can I kiss you on the cheek?"
She nods.
I lean over to kiss her cheek and she moves her face to where I'm kissing her lips. I smile into it. Her lips taste like the same strawberry lipgloss.

I exclaim "I missed you so much."
She replies "I missed you too. I didn't want to admit that for a while, but I did."
I smile and reply "Thanks again for giving me a second chance. I know I said some really horrible things when I broke up with you."
She replies "I did too. I said I hoped you burn in he**, but I actually don't."
Rafe replies "That's okay. I kind of deserved it."