Luke Hemmings x Fem!Reader: (Request)

Request: brideofharrystyles
Including picture of Luke with a puppy and the song, Best Years :)

(Background)
Your name is Emmy Bernice Irwin Hemmings.
Married to Luke Hemmings for 5.5 years & you have a dog named Petunia.
Your brother is Ashton Irwin.
Your parents are David and Elaine.
Your dad is Luke's boss at the studio.
They love Luke.

Emmy's POV

I'm so tired right now. It's only 10AM yet my body feels as if it's like 10PM. What have I done recently to cause this? I mean I haven't been abnormally stressed recently. Sure I mean work can be stressful, but to this point, I really don't know.

It's then I feel my stomach start to churn, so I quickly run out of my office to the bathroom. I barely make it and I vomit everything from both breakfast and lunch. Shoot. How am I sick? Why am I sick? I haven't even been around people who are sick recently. Or maybe I have.

I decide to not really worry about it right now. I mean I'm at work already and need to focus. I just text my assistant to bring me a smoothie this afternoon and she does. It reinvigorates me and I feel slightly better.

My stomach continues to hurt for the next two weeks and I find myself peeing a lot more than normal. Luke cuddles me on the couch every night as we watch movies and insists to treat me like a princess as if he didn't already do that. I love him so much.

I decide to consult my mom. She always seems to know how to make me feel better.
I text my mom Hey! What kind of sickness do I have? I've been nauseous the past few weeks, peeing a lot, and am sensitive to some food smells.
She texts back immediately Flu? Stomach bug? Orrrrrrr ... pregnancy?
I text back Oh no:/ Where can you get a pregnancy test?
She texts back Anywhere. Try like a convenient store or grocery or maybe a gas station.
I text back Thx. Pls don't say anything to Luke or Ashton or even Dad yet.
She texts back Ok honey. Love you. Let me know what happens.

I close my phone and grab my purse.
I have my assistant check and I have nothing until later this afternoon, so I am free to run an errand.

I go to this grocery I know that is 3 blocks away and I find a pregnancy test. I buy it and leave.

I make it back to my office and go to the bathroom.
I pee on the stick and I wait in the bathroom.
Two lines appear and I feel my heart start racing. Tears start pouring down my face and I rush out of the bathroom to my office across the hall.

I hear "Sis, what happened?"
Oh no Ashton is here.
I ask "Why are you here?"
He puts his hands up and answers "I'm sorry Emmy. I didn't mean to just surprise you here. We're recording our new album as you probably know from Luke and Dad. I decided to visit my sister to see how you were doing. I'm glad I came now. Emmy, please talk to me."
I sit next to him on the couch and say "I've been sick for a few weeks and been feeling so weird. I thought maybe I had flu and then mom said I could be pregnant. So I took the test and it came back positive."
He asks "And how do you feel about that?"
I start crying heavily and I lean into his chest. He hugs me tight and kisses me on the head.
We stay like that for a little while.

Eventually I move my head from his chest and say "I feel like this is I don't know bad timing. I think Luke will leave me. He probably doesn't even want kids."
Ashton replies "You've been married for 5 years sis. I think it was bound to happen. Not to mention, I thought you and Luke wanted to start your own cute little family."
I smile a little and say "Yeah we did. I just ... we haven't discussed it in ages and I don't want to ruin any future plans for him. What if he doesn't want kids anymore?"
Ashton hugs me close to him and says "Emmy, he loves you and this shouldn't change anything. If he treats you badly, he's out of the band. How is that?"
I laugh and answer "No Ashton. He doesn't deserve that. He's worked so hard and should stay apart of the band. Plus maybe he'll find some young hot fan to keep his bed warm at night instead of me."
He replies "No no no those days are over. Let's please move on. Like when do you plan on telling him?"
I shrug.
Ashton and I talk a bit more before he has to leave.
He believes I should tell Luke soon and I agree.
I mean I know I need to.
Guess tonight is as good as a night as any to tell him.

Luke picks you up from work and he drives you both home. He tells you about his day and keeps you entertained during the ride.

When you make it home, you exclaim "I'm going to cook tonight baby and you have no say in this matter. If you try to stop me, well no cuddles for you."
He replies "Ok Mrs Emmy The Boss."
I laugh and he smiles.
He kisses me on the cheek and I kiss him on his.

I send a picture of the test when Luke is in another room to my mom and she is excited for me. I told her to tell my dad and apparently he is happy too. They love Luke, so why wouldn't they be happy about it?

I cook us spaghetti and I make a salad.
I grab my pregnancy test from my purse and I hide it near my spot at the table.
I finish setting the table and I tell Luke everything is ready. He comes over and we sit to eat

As we eat, Luke asks "What is this sudden desire to cook tonight's dinner?"
I answer "That's an after dinner conversation. I don't want to ruin the mood."
He sets his glass down and says "Emmy, you are worrying me. Please say everything is okay."
I reply "Ashton found out earlier. So did my mom and Dad. All were excited."
He asks "So what is it?"
I push my plate away from me and ask "You know how I've been sick for weeks?"
He nods.
I stand up and bring the pregnancy test behind my back.
I set it down in front of him and walk back over to sit down at my spot.
I exclaim "I completely understand if you don't want the baby. I understand if we get a divorce. I don't want to come between your career."
He looks up at me and says "I would never divorce you for this. You do know that right?"
Not the reaction I was expecting. Ok.
I shrug.

I don't really eat the rest of dinner.
When Luke finishes, he asks "What movie are we watching tonight? I'm ready to cuddle. You did promise we could cuddle if you cooked."
I shrug and answer "We can watch whatever you want."
He nods.

We do the dishes then go to the living room.
Petunia runs up and I rub her head.
I lay on the couch and pet her.
Luke lays down next to me and rubs my back.

We end up watching some episodes of DeGrassi :)

I start to feel nauseous and I slowly stand up.
I tell Luke to keep watching and I run to the bathroom.
I make it right before I puke.

Luke's POV

I call Ashton as soon as Emmy leaves the room.
He answers immediately.
((Start of conversation))
A- Ashton        L- Luke

L- Hey Uh Ashton.
A- I thought you would be calling tonight. I suppose Emmy has told you about her pregnancy.
L- Yeah. She seems bummed about it though. She also told me it was okay if we got a divorce because I didn't want children.
A- Oh gosh. I thought you could calm her down.
L- I had no idea what to do. I told her I wouldn't divorce her and then she sat silently not eating for the rest of dinner. Then as we were watching tv, she ran out to go to the bathroom where I'm guessing she is puking. I just froze. I... what do I do?
A- Listen Luke, you love her. You need to reassure her that you love her and only her. Make her feel loved and help her see that having a kid is a good thing.
L- I'll try.
A- You two are a mess.
L- I guess we are. We work it though. Oh and I have a new song idea for tomorrow.
A- Wow well cool. Write down some lyrics and we'll hear it tomorrow then.
L- Good. Yeah good. Thanks again Ashton.
A- Anytime Luke. See ya!
L- Ok bye.

((End of conversation))

Back to Y/N's POV

Luke walks into the room and kneels next to my bed.
He says "5 and a half years ago, I knelt in front of you. You are Emmy Bernice Irwin Hemmings. You are the woman I fell in love with and want to start a family with. I'm sorry that earlier I basically said nothing. Truth is, I was afraid. I was afraid of what to say and I just knew I wanted to have a family with you. I talked with Ashton and he reassured me that it would be all good. I want you to know I love you. I want you to know that I will be here  with you forever. I want a forever with you Emmy and that includes kids."
I smile a little and he kiss me on the cheek.
Luke climbs into the bed next to me and puts an arm around me. He puts his hand over my belly and exclaims "Soon we'll have a baby in here sweetheart. That's so crazy. My baby is having a baby. I'm so happy."

:)

Part two to come...

THANKS FOR READING!!!!