(Stranger Things) Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader: Soulmates

Every time your soulmate gets a tattoo, you also get them. Obviously, some people never plan to get tattoos so, for everyone, the first words your soulmate will say to you are tattooed on your wrist.

** I do not own any of the Stranger Things characters**

Y/N = Your First Name

Y/N's POV

My teacher, Miss Margaret, teaches English & she just announced we are going to do a group project today. Everyone's name was placed into a bowl and she will pull our names out. I hope I get a good partner.

I hear "Miss Y/N, your partner is..."
Miss Margaret pulls a name out of the bowl, sighs, and says "Eddie Munson."
I glance at him across the classroom and he winks at me.
I have never spoken to Eddie before. Sure, we've had a few classes together over the years, but I never have spoken directly to him. I just don't like talking to new people.

Having conversations with people and opening up to people is something I've never liked. It scares me to open up and be fully vulnerable with people. So I don't ever fully open up. I have friends, but I only share as much as I want to. People could learn what you really think and never want to be your friend again or they could backstab you using what you shared.

Miss Margaret finishes reading off the names and we all are now free to move to sit with our partners to work on the project.

I get up and decide to move to Eddie's area. I know he slacks off in class, but I also know he plays Dungeons & Dragons so he could be good at this class if he really wanted to. He has the skills. And I saw him play guitar at a bar with my mom. I'm 18 and you have to be 18 to be let into the bar to listen to music in town. You can't drink until 21, but you can still see bar concerts. I was near the back, but I liked it.

I move the seat right next to his, drop my backpack, and sit next to Eddie Munson.

Eddie exclaims "Your hair looks really soft right now. Can I pet it?"
As he says that, I glance down at my jacket-covered wrist and then back into his eyes. I snap back "I'm not a dog."
He smirks and whispers "Ooh kinky. I didn't peg you for the raw dog type."
I slap him and reply "Focus. We need to do this project."
He sighs and says "Fine."

We get part of a draft done when Miss Margaret announces that we need to work outside of class to finish it and it's due on Wednesday. Today is Monday. That gives us two days to finish it.

I turn to Eddie and ask "Are you free today after school? We need to finish the project and I have band practice tomorrow after school."
He answers "I do too. What a coincidence! What do you play?"
I answer "Piccolo. Now, are you free today after school?"
He answers "I play guitar if you were wondering."
I reply "I wasn't wondering, Mr. Corroded Coffin. I know you do. Here's my home address. Come over after school, so we can do the project."
I quickly write my address and give it to him.

The bell rings and I go off to my next class.

When I'm seated at my desk, I carefully take a glance at my left wrist. I see the words your hair looks really soft right now written on my wrist. Sh**! My soulmate is Eddie. What do I do?! I have to see his wrist to see if he is really my soulmate first. This could just be a weird coincidence that he & my real soulmate say the same first thing to me. That doesn't seem probable to me though. It's probably Eddie.

I should be happy that I can finally be with my soulmate. Most of my friends are and they're super happy. I like being single and well, I never worried about it. I knew I would find my soulmate at some point. I mean I do have words on my wrist and matching tattoos on my body.