(HP) Cedric Diggory x RavenclawFem!Reader: Dumb Plan

You were one of Cho's good roommates/friends. You also were friends with Luna, Marietta Edgecombe, and Cedric.

Y/N = Your Name

** I do not own the Harry Potter characters. The plot is almost completely different though haha **

***Let's pretend Cho and Cedric dated on a year that wasn't the same as the Triwizard Tournament.

Y/N's POV

I am sitting on my bed.
Yes I am.
That's what I am doing.
Oh my gosh I am so bored.
I don't want to study. I've been doing that for hours. I need a break and I need a distraction.

Suddenly the door flies open and Cho comes crying inside.
Oh this works as my distraction.
Thanks Cho.
My other roommate, Marietta Edgecombe, also comes in with her.

I ask "Hey! What happened, Cho? Are you all right?"
She stops crying for a minute and says "Cedric ... he ... he broke up with me."
I jump up and sit next to her.
I start hugging her side and I say "He's a jerk to let someone as bright and talented as you go."
Marietta says "I hear that sister. Y/N is right, Cho. You know Hufflepuffs think they're so sweet and innocent, but they can be as cruel as ever."
I nod.
"No don't say that. He's sweet," she said. She choked out her words between sniffles and crying.
I ask "How? He broke your heart."
"He had a good reason. He just isn't in love with me anymore. He loves someone else," she sobbed.
Marietta asks "Who? I'll fight them! They got in the way of your happiness."
Marietta stands up and paces looking ready to fight.

Luna storms in and says "Oh sorry to bother you. Marietta, there is a letter for you out in the common room. Someone said you would want to take it from the owl."
Marietta says "Fine. I'm coming. But Cho, I want to hear more when I get back."
Cho nods.
Marietta then storms out with Luna running after her.
I chuckle.
Oh Luna she is a crazy gal! Her running after Marietta is so funny:)

Cho exclaims "Um... now that we're alone. I can tell you. You have to promise not to tell, Marietta."
I ask "Won't she be mad? She always claims that you and I exclude her in everything. This time, she would be right."
She answers "She doesn't have to know. I... I just need to tell you though. He said not to, but I need to address it."
I nod and reply "Ok."
She says "Cedric likes you."
I scoff and laugh.
She exclaims "I'm serious, Y/N. He does. He told me so. I asked and I told him to be honest. He said it was you. It was always you. I'm okay with it. I really am. I think you two would be great together. I support the relationship."
I ask "Why did he forbid you from telling me?"
She answers "He's such a boy. That's why."
I laugh and so does she.

Marietta walks in as we're laughing.
She asks "Ok what did I miss? You're both laughing."
Cho says "Oh I'll tell you in a minute. Y/N, I think you have somewhere you need to be."
She then winks at me and holds out her hand.
I shake it and feel her slide a piece of paper into my hand.
I nod and slide it into my sleeve.
I hug Cho then grab my wand off of my bed.

I leave the bedroom and head to the common room.

I open the note and it says: Cedric is always in the courtyard right now. Go see him. -Cho

Thanks Cho.
But also there is no way she is telling the truth!
Like what?!?! No!!!

I leave the common room and head outside.

I look around the courtyard and can't find him.
I hear "Looking for someone?"
I jump up and notice Cedric chuckling next to me.
I answer "I was actually looking for you. Can we talk?"
He nods and answers "That usually means something bad. Well come on with me."
I follow him down a path and to the hillside.

He says "Accio Picnic Blanket."
A picnic blanket appears on the ground.
He bows and motions towards it.
I bow and take a seat.

Cedric sits down on the blanket at a comfortable distance. He must think I don't know yet.

Should I make him squirm? Haha!

I exclaim "I saw Cho today."
He immediately starts looking anywhere but af my eyes.
I exclaim "She said you dumped her. She said you dumped her for me."
He quickly swivels his head to face mine.
I ask "True or False?"
He answers "You don't know the full story."
I reply "Please continue."
He nods and half smiles.

Cedric exclaims "It was second year and we were in Potions together ..."
I reply "Oh boy second year. We were such babies. Wow you're taking me back. Anyways, continue."
He continues "We were making the Hair-Raising Potion. We had to try ours to see if it worked. You tasted yours and your hair stood straight up. Snape was somewhat proud and I couldn't stop smiling."
I reply "Yeah Snape was like Hm it works well 5 points to Ravenclaw for a perfect potion."
He asks "Are you going to keep interrupting me?"
I answer "No sorry. Please continue my dear sir."
He laughs and continues "I knew I liked you then. I was so scared, so I never said anything. I continued on just being your friend. Last year, one of my friends told me that Cho was practically throwing herself at me and she liked me. I had an idea that if I dated her, I could get closer to you and somehow date you sooner. I saw Cho over summer, asked her out, and it was okay. It wasn't you. That was the problem. I like Cho, but as a friend. I kept it going in hopes you would be so jealous that you would make us stop, so we could be together. I have no idea why I thought that you would break up one of your best friends. I eventually realized it was horrible of me to lead Cho on like that, so I called it off. She asked why and I decided to be honest with her. She didn't even seem that surprised."
Wow.

I lay down on my back on the blanket and ask "Why couldn't you ask me out? Why were you so scared of me?"
He lays down on his belly next to me and picks up a piece of my hair. He starts twirling it around his fingers and says "I thought you were one of the brightest witches and you wouldn't go for some Hufflepuff guy you were friends with. You seemed cooler than me. I don't know. I was mainly scared of the rejection. I still am."
I put one of my hands in his hair and play with it. He leans into my touch.
I say "I do like you, Cedric. I just don't want to be a rebound."
He nods and I say "You know that was a dumb plan, right?"
He laughs and says "There is a reason I'm not in Hufflepuff."
I laugh and kiss him on the hand that is in my hair.
He smiles.

.........................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!
:-)